quesadillas for breakfast

Thank you to the little people who made this blog possible.

Thursday, February 08, 2007

I had a Beach Emergency.

I haven't been feelin' so hot the past couple of days. I just started on birth control pills and a week into it, I'm hating my uterus. I've had nausea and a sour stomach for three days and it's taking all my strength (and my strong desire never to have kids) to keep taking the damn pills.

So what did I do? Monday I called in sick and headed to the beach. It was the first time in several weeks that Houston was scheduled to have sunny skies, and I figured that the best thing one can do when *ahem* sick on a Monday morning would be to make a short drive to the beach and take in the local scenery in the peace and quiet sound of everyone else in the city working. :)
















I drove up to the Seawall in Galveston to the Dolphin statues near 61st street and took in the view.
















I drove a little further down and revelled in the fact that everyone I knew was at work and I was at the beach. This is the picture I sent thru my cell phone to everyone at work.
















I passed the Poop Deck, where "Execs meet with bare feet!" <--they have that sign above the door.
















I drove down to my favorite store on the beach. They boast to have "Beers, Gifts, Shells, and Tees!" Boy... did they deliver ;)

















Hey! They even have pirate stuff! Score!

















They also had (crunchy?) owls made out of shells.



















Yes. This is true.



All in all, I enjoyed my day at the beach. Judging from my pasty white skin color, many more days at ze beach is not such a bad idea.
Happy Thursday to all! (due to my "sick" days this week, it's only Tuesday for me!)

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Maybe you're already preggers and the pills have nothing to do with it.

Auntie Snav .... I like it!!

Thursday, February 08, 2007 10:38:00 AM  
Blogger LadyXandria said...

Well you've just made me one extremely jealous girl :(

What I wouldn't give for a day at the beach right now. I haven't had a vacation in forever. *coughs* Suddenly I don't feel so good... :P

Love the thumb ring by the way. Very sexy!

Thursday, February 08, 2007 6:49:00 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I hate my uterus, too! Oh, wait. I don't have a uterus.

Beach ... Oh, how nice that would be. Warm weather ... warm weather ... warm weather ...

Thursday, February 08, 2007 8:25:00 PM  
Blogger Lee Ann said...

Everyone needs an extra day or two of rest and relaxation.
Hope you are feeling better...your body should adjust soon!
Take care!

Thursday, February 08, 2007 9:51:00 PM  
Blogger AndyT13 said...

What a great story! I hope you're feeling better. I desp[erately want that pirate keychain! Surrender the booty! :-)

Friday, February 09, 2007 7:07:00 AM  
Blogger Bsoholic said...

Yeah, that pirate key chain is pretty RAD!

Friday, February 09, 2007 7:32:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I enjoyed all these pictures of your ummm sick day.:)


this is your supervisor....
my office first thing in the morning.LOL

Tuesday, April 10, 2007 3:39:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well said.

Tuesday, November 11, 2008 5:43:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home