quesadillas for breakfast

Thank you to the little people who made this blog possible.

Tuesday, November 29, 2005

Another holiday tradition is
loading up the family
and going to a sports event of some sort.
This past weekend's event: Texans vs. Rams [football]


The journey began on Sunday morning. I was riding in the back seat with my sis, and my parents were up front. The last time I was in the back seat of a car, I was nineteen and it was the ride of my boyfriend's life.



Pop Quiz: The Houston Texans play in which arena? The Astrodome [front right] or the Reliant Stadium [back left]?



If you answered The Astrodome, well, you're wrong. But we had such bad parking spots that we had to walk half a mile from the back of the Astrodome to the front of Reliant Stadium.

The joke of the day was made by my dad [You think I'm funny? I learned from the best.] When asked why he was wearing number 52's jersey, he replied, "It's not my fault they put the Wong name on the back."


My favorite part of the trip was waiting in line to get frisked. Twice.


What's a trip to a Texans game without the time-honored Mexican tradition of tailgating? The Mexican side of my family parties like it's 1999.* Hey, the "short" bus never looked so good.


Here's the view from the Party Bus. It's the Training Bubble where the Texans ... um, train. Reliant is to the right in the background.


Wait. What game are we at again? [Texans jersey on left. Astros jersey on right.]


As I settle into my seat, I realize I might not have the best view... Hey, buddy.. sit yer ass down! Don't make come over there!


Holy Texans pep band, Batman! Those guys have some nice brass! Beat it, baby, beat it harder!


I don't know what game these two thought they were watching, but neither the Stealers nor the Colts were playing that day.


We were leading the whole game. At the end of the third quarter we were up 24-3. With 45 seconds left in the game, the Rams tie us and take it into overtime. One touchdown and a legal formation later, we lose. Ah, well... what can you expect: that's why we're the Texans.

14 Comments:

Blogger Stephanie said...

Looks like fun!! Funny Dad!!

And, what is a family outing without being felt up by strangers - twice??!!

Tuesday, November 29, 2005 6:59:00 AM  
Blogger Bsoholic said...

Fun times! LMAO about the Steelers and Colts dudes there. WTF?

Tuesday, November 29, 2005 7:25:00 AM  
Blogger DaMasta said...

**The Mexican you see near The Party Bus are no relatives of mine. They are actually the children of friends of the family. Moochers, who against their best interest, have come to the game simply to drink all the free beer we provide.

Tuesday, November 29, 2005 7:28:00 AM  
Blogger DaMasta said...

Thanks, Snavy! Yup, my dad is a riot. Well, we entered the stadium once to walk around and enjoy the festivities. And then we went to the tailgating and when we got back to the staduim, they had to frisk us twice. The second lady was waaaay too happy to be frisking people that early in the morning...

Tuesday, November 29, 2005 7:33:00 AM  
Blogger Breazy said...

that looks like lots and lots of fun ! I do love the guy's shirt Colt's Manning 18 ! WOOOHOOO ! Peyton Manning is an ole Tennessee Vols dude ! Glad you had a good time !

Tuesday, November 29, 2005 11:24:00 AM  
Blogger DaMasta said...

Oh, geez...here we go with the vols talk again....lol.

Thanks, breaze, it was fun!

Tuesday, November 29, 2005 12:13:00 PM  
Blogger Tammy said...

While in San Antonio and Austin this weekend, I saw several signs in the windows of convenience stores that read "Free coffee on Monday (when the Texans win)"

Now, I'm just certain that they aren't losing any money on that deal.

Tuesday, November 29, 2005 1:19:00 PM  
Blogger T. Leach said...

Tough ending to that one.

St. Louis' QB, a Harvard grad, marched the troops up and down the field using linear mathematics, obviously. Shit can't be stopped. That #1 pick is looking good though. I'm sure they'll trade down if they get it and take Reggie Bush #2. They could go down further and get some help on the O-line.

I digress.

Tuesday, November 29, 2005 1:32:00 PM  
Blogger Mr. Shife said...

Oh DaMasta, that game pissed me off. I played my brother in Fantasy Football last week and he beat me by 4 points. Why? Because Torry Holt and the Rams kicker got a shitload of points in the 4th quarter.

Tuesday, November 29, 2005 1:36:00 PM  
Blogger DaMasta said...

I have no idea what T. just said. To me, it sounded like: Blah, blah, blah, Harvard, blah, blah, blipity, blah, blah, Bush.

Tuesday, November 29, 2005 1:45:00 PM  
Blogger DaMasta said...

Mr. Shife, that on-site kick was a bastard, eh?

Tammy, I've been waitin' all year for a free damn cup of coffee...

Tuesday, November 29, 2005 1:51:00 PM  
Blogger Read This said...

I feel ya, er, I feel for ya. Sorry. I'm a Lions fan. Ok, stop laughing. It's not that damn funny. We will be good someday. Honest. I'm not kidding. You are damned funny, I agree.

Tuesday, November 29, 2005 4:59:00 PM  
Blogger LBseahag said...

wow...you could actually almost make me like sports...


nah...it didnt work...

Tuesday, November 29, 2005 8:24:00 PM  
Blogger LBseahag said...

but hot guys hang out at games, so you never know....

Tuesday, November 29, 2005 8:24:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home