quesadillas for breakfast

Thank you to the little people who made this blog possible.

Friday, March 24, 2006

I made out with Colin Quinn.

Not really, but I made him laugh and I'm sure that's the comedian equivilant of making out.





















Benefits Chick won tickets to the Laff Stop last night, and the main act was former SNL cast member Colin Quinn. Fucking awesome. That about covers it. The alcohol was flowing, the opening act was funny as hell, and of course Colin Quinn fucking kicked ass.

The opening act was Ryan Conner, and [how gay is this?] both him AND Colin Quinn have myspace pages. And, of course, they are both each other's "friends". Fucking retards. Anyways, his blog is here. And his myspace is here. Go check him out in a city near you, you won't be disappointed!

I hadn't been to a comedy club in ages!! What a shame, really, cause I used to go all the time. But, my cash flow isn't what it used to be, and my new shopping habit has taken up most of my excess dough. Even with free tickets, it broke down like this:

Burritos and beer before the show: $ 8.93
Smelly-good shampoo and conditioner at a tiny rich shop in the area before the show: $27.91
Pointless flashy sunglasses at a small boutique in the area: $23.54
2 Raspberry Tickles and 1 Charlie Chaplin [alcoholic liquids during the show]: $21.00
1 cheese ball: $5.95
Getting kissed by Colin Quinn after the show: priceless

The joke that made Colin [we're on a first name basis now] laugh:

While taking pictures with my camera phone, Colin noticed that there was no flash.
He wondered, "Did it go off? I didn't see a flash!"
So, I said with a smirk, "You wanna see a flash? I'll show you a flash!"
Laughter ensued and Colin kissed me on the cheek.

What can I say? Sex sells!

[Here's a slighty blurrier pic from my camera phone.]


























-----------------------------------------------

14 Comments:

Blogger Breazy said...

oh cool ! Hope you had lots and lots of fun !

Friday, March 24, 2006 1:12:00 PM  
Blogger Stephanie said...

Very cool chica!!! He's a hoot!!

So ... when are you gonna flash??

Friday, March 24, 2006 4:49:00 PM  
Blogger S said...

yay! Youre nearly famous now!

Friday, March 24, 2006 4:59:00 PM  
Blogger Crystal said...

Sweet! Colin is great live! I saw him a year ago (I think), but I did not get to meet him. Some bimbo (that wasn't me) with big fake boobs (that I don't have) and beachy blonde hair (that I'd never sport) was dangling her breastacles all in his face and hogging up all the famous dood attention. I'm glad to hear he has graduated to DAMASTA'S! boobs and witty sex appeal this time instead.

Is it weird that it gives me joy to know DAMASTA! is frequenting comedy clubs that I also visit regularly? Just think, you may have sat where my butt once was! Was it warm?

Don't worry. I'm clean.

Friday, March 24, 2006 6:29:00 PM  
Blogger DaMasta said...

Snav - After we laughed over the obsurdity of me flashing Colin, he said, "No, seriously, when are you gonna flash me?"

madmeer- Oh, girl! I snatched him away from those blondy bimbos right away and demanded! to take a pic with him! How great is that!? AND he kissed me on the cheek! AND I made him laugh! I think it's wonderful that you live in the same place as me! I'd sit where your ass sat anyfuckingday!

Friday, March 24, 2006 6:48:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So can I kiss you now?
Then it would almost be like kissing Colin, he is awesome!
And so are you!!

Friday, March 24, 2006 7:03:00 PM  
Blogger Spinning Girl said...

Ooh you lucky babe, you got some Colin-laugh-n-lovin. Lucky lucky!

Friday, March 24, 2006 8:08:00 PM  
Blogger Bsoholic said...

right on!

Sunday, March 26, 2006 1:08:00 PM  
Blogger Mr. Shife said...

I used to watch his show on Comedy Central and I even remember him from the day when he was on MTV's Remote Control. And way to go making Colin laugh, you are awesome.

Sunday, March 26, 2006 1:29:00 PM  
Blogger DaMasta said...

logo - I think it would be more impressive to tell people "I kissed DaMasta" rather than "I kissed DaMasta who kissed Colin Quinn", but that's just me.

Spinning - Wooo hooo!

laurie - He WAS super hot!! He was so laid back and happy after the show. He is so awesome live, and such an approachable guy!

Mr. Shifey - Oh yeah! We were talking about his VJ days that night. It's crazy how many tv shows he's been on!

Bridge - You should be jealous! ;)

Sunday, March 26, 2006 4:24:00 PM  
Blogger Crystal said...

What! I'm back from a weekend away and you haven't posted anything since Friday? Are you sleeping with Colin? You've been having sex, haven't you!?

Sunday, March 26, 2006 6:21:00 PM  
Blogger Phain said...

How awesome is that!?! I've always been a huge fan of Colin, he's f'in hillarious!

Sunday, March 26, 2006 8:07:00 PM  
Blogger Lee Ann said...

Oh, that is sooooo cool!

I tagged you...come over and see! ;)

Monday, March 27, 2006 6:09:00 AM  
Blogger Sherri Sanders said...

Oh, I'm envious! Way cool!

Monday, March 27, 2006 7:26:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home