quesadillas for breakfast

Thank you to the little people who made this blog possible.

Wednesday, January 03, 2007

The River, The House, The Riverhouse.

I meant to post these yesterday but, of course, blogger was being retarded. Here are some photos of the Adam's grandparents' riverhouse. It's situated right on the Trinity River in a little town called Romayer, which is a few miles west of Cleveland, Tx.
















The area is not particularly nice, but their house is by far the nicest one on the river. They pretty much built it themselves, the interior is gorgeous. Recently, they have started an add-on which extends to the left of this picture and houses a jacuzzi.















This is the river from the balcony's viewpoint, looking to the left. All the trees are barren of course, but it's quiet and I understand why Adam's grandparents like to come out here for days, sometimes weeks, at a time.


















This is what I saw when I looked to the right. More dead trees, more silent river, and a campfire waiting for company. Did you know there are still stars in the country? It was cold and black and quiet and wonderful. That's how I spent my New Year's Eve.

1 Comments:

Blogger Spinning Girl said...

I would love a place like that.
yes, there are stars! I forget that you city folk can't see them. Alas.

Sunday, January 07, 2007 5:50:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home