quesadillas for breakfast

Thank you to the little people who made this blog possible.

Monday, January 08, 2007

I'm nobody's deliver-er..(er?)

So I'm a receptionist, who, on Fridays, works in the Travel Department. It's upstairs and I have my own office, and basically I train one day out of the week so that when I cover for the travel lady when she's on vacation, I'm not completely out-of-the-loop on what's been going on. However, it's become a common theme for me to still do receptionist duties whilst training in the Travel Department. Doing things such as answering assinine questions, sending out emails to our corporate email list, and "fixing" problems that come up in the front lobby (such as "omg, erica, there's not a stapler in the front, can you leave your office and search for one and when you find one, can you bring it to the front desk asap! no hurry, though.. thanks").

This gets on my nerves more than anything! Especially since I'm only in training half a day on Fridays and at the front desk every other frickin day during the week. I know I should be all "oh wow, people really like me and I must be doing a great job since no one else in the company can function without me being there at the front desk and blah blah blah.." but seriously, people.. can you just leave me the hell alone for a half a day?!?

Anywhoo.. so my cousin Rachel works in the Finance department and she has a temp over there named Claudia, who sometimes relieves me for breaks and lunch while I'm at the front desk. (I don't particularly care for temps who relieve me b/c they never seem to get it in their head that they're working at a corporate office and instead of saying "please hold" or "sure, one moment please", their dumb little ESL minds can only conjure up enough grace to say "hang on" or "uhh.. okay".)

So, Rachel rides in a Van Pool with this lady who sells Avon named Patricia. Every week, whoever wants to order from her, emails her and she brings it to your desk the next week. So last Friday was a delivery date. I'm on the phone in my office in Travel, and Patricia comes in and sets two bags down beside me. I'm thinking.. wow, I ordered a lot.. I thanked her via hand signal and nod and when I got off the phone, discovered that she had left my order and Claudia's order on my desk. So, I emailed Patricia and told her that she left Claudia's stuff on my desk and she emailed back saying that she forgot where Claudia sits and thought I could give it to her.

WTF. So this morning Rachel emails Patricia for Claudia and finds out that Claudia's stuff is on my desk and so..

Rachel emails me and says, "Gee, thanks.. you could have told me you had Claudia's stuff"

And I email her back and say, "OH. Yeah, I have it. Actually, it's up in Travel on my desk, Claudia can go get it whenever"

Rachel emails me back, a little preterbed, "Claudia doesn't know where Travel is, you can get it and bring it to me at lunch"

Was that a question or an order? I answer back, "It's not my responsibility. I didn't sell it to Claudia, Patricia did, she should bring it to her."

Rachel, a little more put off at this point, emails back, "You know Claudia works with me, why didn't you email me and tell me you had her stuff? Patricia doesn't know where she sits, so she left it with you, why are you being childish about this??"

I'm pissed now. "You now know that the Avon order is on my desk. Claudia and Patricia are adults, I'm sure between the two of them, they can figure this out. If Patricia didn't know where Claudia sat, then she should have left the order at the front desk instead of upstairs in TRAVEL where she assumes I will "fix" things when I get a chance. If Claudia wants her avon order, she needs to talk to Patricia and you need to quit bitching at me because two grown adults can't find each other long enough to exchange avon orders. She should have never accepted an order from someone she didn't know in the first place if she wasn't willing to deliver it. I didn't sell it, I'm not making money on this, I'm not delivering it. Period."

That's how my Monday started off... how is yours going?

6 Comments:

Blogger Breazy said...

My Monday has started off pretty darn good ! The block masons are over on our property completing the block foundation, or at least I hope they complete it today because there isn't much left to do. I hope your day gets better !

Monday, January 08, 2007 11:25:00 AM  
Blogger Breazy said...

Oh yeah , one more thing before I go , I wanted to tell you that I am really , really glad you decided to start blogging again because I am not on Myspace all that much and I love reading your stuff!

Monday, January 08, 2007 11:26:00 AM  
Blogger lime said...

well, 2 outta 3 limelettes missed the bus this morning, the 3rd decided puking was afun alternative. mr lime came home al pouty and grouchy...i am looking for alcohol.

Monday, January 08, 2007 7:25:00 PM  
Blogger DaMasta said...

Hehe.. thanks, Breaze, I really missed posting over here as well ;) I hope your house building goes as planned!

Limerz - Yikes, I think I have some stashed under my desk. I'll pour some for the both of us..

Tuesday, January 09, 2007 7:01:00 AM  
Blogger Stephanie said...

I started mine by walking the twins to the bus than puking for a couple hours.

IT WAS GREAT!!!!!!!

Tuesday, January 09, 2007 2:39:00 PM  
Blogger LBseahag said...

that blows...

avon creates enemies...i know...my avon lady at work talks shit about me...

Friday, January 12, 2007 3:36:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home