quesadillas for breakfast

Thank you to the little people who made this blog possible.

Tuesday, January 16, 2007

If I'm coming in today, I'm wearing jeans dammit..

So it didn't rain last night like it was supposed to. That means the rain couldn't freeze and the road couldn't have ice on them. That also means my happy ass is at work today instead of snuggled up beside Adam in my warm Queen-sized love nest. I'm at the front lobby reception desk today and every time someone walks thru the front doors, icy cold 32 degree air blows in and chills me to the bone. OH, also? My boss just informed me that my shirt was on inside-out. Oh happy days.

So last night was my friend Emma's birthday. As I said before, it didn't rain last night as was expected and so I felt a big obligated to go to her birthday dinner. Since Adam and I don't like sushi (they were going to this sushi buffet joint), I figured we would run some short errands, grab something to eat on the way, and just meet up with them at the restaurant after 8 (it started at 8). And I thought I was clear on this plan of mine when I called Emma to let her know that we'd just meet them at the restaurant "sometime after 8." Obviously not. Right before we got there, Emma bitched to all our friends that we should have told her that we weren't coming and that she specifically told us that the dinner started at 8pm, and how she thought it was rude that we weren't there exactly on time even though she knows we didn't like sushi and that we weren' t going to eat with the group, we still should have been there on time.

Literally seconds after she finished that cute little speech of hers, we walked thru the door.

I try to get everything taken care of for everyone.. gotta get shit done when I get home, dinner on the table (or in the car), errands need to be done and whatnot.. try to please everyone at once.. and I still get shit talked about me behind my back. Nice.

I'll be back later.. I gotta go turn my shirt right-side in.

6 Comments:

Blogger Breazy said...

We are having snow flurries today and it is cold . Last week our highs were near 70 and this week our high won't go above 42. No wonder everybody is sick around here!

If your "friend" is going to talk about you behind your back , it doesn't seem to me she is a friend at all .

Go turn your shirt outside in and have a good rest of the day!

Tuesday, January 16, 2007 7:48:00 AM  
Blogger AndyT13 said...

Oh good, you're back. Your front even! Glad to see you've returned.
I've missed your bloggy ways.
Sorry ytour friend is a bitch.
Glad you have a new love slave.
Hugs n kisses
A

Tuesday, January 16, 2007 1:02:00 PM  
Blogger Lee Ann said...

Stay warm!

Tuesday, January 16, 2007 6:11:00 PM  
Blogger Stephanie said...

it is so icy here

i'll send you a pic of the trees tomorrow

ya know, on my bday ...

hehe -- i am so subtle

Tuesday, January 16, 2007 8:26:00 PM  
Blogger Logophile said...

Aaaaw,
no freezing rain, what a bitch!

Wednesday, January 17, 2007 8:29:00 AM  
Blogger DaMasta said...

Breaze - Well today the freeways finally froze, I just got into work.. and thankfully my shirt is right-side in. :)

Andy - Yes, thank you, it's good to be back! :)

Lee Ann - It's finally above freezing so I think I'll be fine!

Snav - Where's my pic?! (happy birthday, chicken ;o)

Logo - Yeah, the actually expect me to go into work now.. :( booo! :P

Wednesday, January 17, 2007 10:18:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home