quesadillas for breakfast

Thank you to the little people who made this blog possible.

Friday, January 19, 2007

Fortune Friday

My friend Jocopo has made a certainly curious observation about the quality of the "fortune" inside most fortune cookies lately. Mainly that they are most like "lessons" or "statements" (Man who stand on toilet, high on pot) rather than actual "fortunes."

Yesterday, DJ Stoopid, Married IT Guy, and I went to lunch at Pei Wei, this great Asian place by my office. After a fresh bowl of chicken fried rice (mmm!), and much to my surprise, my fortune cookie had an actual fortune in it!


It reads "Many pleasurable and memorable adventures are in store for you!"

(and in true "guy" form, the boys added "in bed" to the end of my fortune)

Adam and I have been together three months now, and our relationship is still very new, but we are discovering new things about each other and growing as a couple, and it just feels really great to start this kind of chapter in my life. :D I'm really excited about our move in April and more excited about what this year has in store for us (hint hint). He's incredibly caring and sweet and has easily become my favoritest person in ze world! ;o)

I'm not sure if this is customary after Chinese fortunes or at 9am in the morning, but I'd like to propose a toast to everyone in ze blogosphere. So raise your glasses..

(I don't have champagne - or alcohol of any sort - so I'm holding up my Starbucks cup of Hot Chocolate)

"Let's toast to the new year. May you have new adventures, new memorable experiences, and new found friends and love in your life!"

*clink!*

10 Comments:

Blogger Breazy said...

clink! I am so happy for you ! Have a great weekend!

Friday, January 19, 2007 8:10:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cheers!

Friday, January 19, 2007 8:32:00 AM  
Blogger DaMasta said...

Breaze - Thanks! You too :)

Jocopo - Thanks for the idea ;)

Friday, January 19, 2007 11:55:00 AM  
Blogger Stephanie said...

I JUST finished printing out chinese food recipes. Weird ...

cheers babe

Friday, January 19, 2007 12:01:00 PM  
Blogger DaMasta said...

snav - It was meant-to-be! :P Cheers!

Friday, January 19, 2007 12:40:00 PM  
Blogger Spinning Girl said...

... IN BED!!!!!!!!!!!!

Friday, January 19, 2007 4:20:00 PM  
Blogger LBseahag said...

your, in bed- with the cream of sum yung guy.

Saturday, January 20, 2007 9:36:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

A bit late but cheers to you (I was just out for a stroll this big ole blogosphere this morning and ran across your blog neighbor)

And since I LOVE quesadillas I just had to click you!! Good luck with your new relationship and may many pleasureable and memorable adventures be in store for you............in bed!!

Monday, January 22, 2007 6:25:00 AM  
Blogger lime said...

bottoms up!!

Monday, January 22, 2007 8:10:00 AM  
Blogger AndyT13 said...

OMFG! That comment/fine thing is SO fucked up! Who came up with those numbers?!?! $80 for anal sex but only $20 for driving drunk? The entire thing makes no fucking sense at all! How retarded can you get? $1020.10 Thankyouverymuch.

PS You PEED in the POOL?!?! Geez!

Wednesday, January 24, 2007 1:11:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home