quesadillas for breakfast

Thank you to the little people who made this blog possible.

Monday, December 18, 2006

Stay with me, now..

I have this friend Jeni, who used to work with me. She moved to San Diego. Upon moving, Jeni, myself and her friend Emma took a road trip to drop Jeni off in San Diego. At the end of the road trip, Emma and I flew back to Houston together. Shortly after, Emma and I became pretty good friends. She lives with her boyfriend, Eli, in some apartments pretty near my work.

Frequently, Emma would invite me over on Friday nights to do random arts and crafts (yes, I'm crafty, dammit) or to put together care packages for our frined Jeni or to decorate her patio for Halloween. Meanwhile, her boyfriend, Eli, would invite his friends over on the same night and they would play video games or whatnot. Sometimes, we would all order food and sit around and visit. Other times, we would all get together on a Saturday or Sunday and go to festivals like the Hot Sauce Festival in Katy, TX or the Ren Fest in Spring, TX.

Adam, Eli's best friend, and I were pretty much the only two that weren't paired off with someone when we went places. See, it was Emma and Eli, Everette and Nikki, Tyler and whats-her-face, and Perry and Alison. And me being Emma's best guud friend and Adam being Eli's best guud friend, we would spend a good amount of time talking to each other during these outtings or at the house hanging out.

On October 14, we all headed out to Spring, Texas to the Renaissance Festival. Emma and I had secretly plotted that this day would be the day that I try to hook up with Adam. Two bottles of Meade and a human-sized maze later, it worked. ;)

He said he'd call me the next day (which, in boy-talk I thought that meant in a week). The next day, he called and we hung out at my house and watched Evil Dead and other cheesy 80s movies. That night, it was raining really badly, but it was late and so he headed home. An hour later, he was banging on my front door and when I opened it, he explained that the freeways had already started to flood and it took him an hour just to make a u-turn at the corner.

It ended up flooding pretty badly that week, and I missed two days of work. Ren Fest was on Oct 14th, Oct 15th he came over my house, and he didn't leave till Oct 18th.

Since then, we've been inseperable.

It's been a hectic two months, but we're moving in together in March at the same apartments that Emma and Eli live, and he wants to marry me by the end of next year. He hasn't proposed or anything, but we've already picked out the ''chapel''..

(I think you can click on the images to see the bigger versions)

Free Image Hosting by FreeImageHosting.net
The outside of the Chapel at the Ren Fest

Free Image Hosting by FreeImageHosting.net
The inside of the Chapel

Free Image Hosting by FreeImageHosting.net
Adam and I

8 Comments:

Blogger Logophile said...

Well, innit that FABULOUS!

And I love that chapel.

Monday, December 18, 2006 8:42:00 AM  
Blogger DaMasta said...

Thanks Logo, it's absolutely gorgeous! Nothing but trees and vines and in the center a bright blue celtic cross.

Monday, December 18, 2006 11:34:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats! Good to hear all is well with you!

Monday, December 18, 2006 6:59:00 PM  
Blogger DaMasta said...

Thanks j! Good to see you on blogger!

Monday, December 18, 2006 7:04:00 PM  
Blogger T. Leach said...

I hope things work out for you. (Insert something funny, here.)

Monday, December 18, 2006 8:00:00 PM  
Blogger Lee Ann said...

Oh, that is a wonderful story!
I hope you too have a very happy holiday season together.

Tuesday, December 19, 2006 10:33:00 AM  
Blogger Stephanie said...

So .... I'm invited to the wedding? Right??

Tuesday, January 02, 2007 9:06:00 PM  
Blogger LBseahag said...

Fuck!
Where have I been?

You are moving in????? whoah!

Friday, January 12, 2007 8:15:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home