quesadillas for breakfast

Thank you to the little people who made this blog possible.

Thursday, September 14, 2006

We're not in chat rooms anymore, Toto.



So I know I've been gone from blogging for a while and a half and so much has happened, that I should be blogging about.

But yes.. it's true, I've been completely consumed by Myspace, ain't that a bitch?! And I know most of you loathe that site, but those of you who are on Myspace, then look me up by the site with the same name as my blog here: Quesadillas for Breakfast.

The baby rats are doing well, by the way. After day one, Chibbs has moved in as the old, fluffy, mother hen-type. And it's hilarious to see them all sleeping in the same bed with Chibby taking up all the room and the two babies squished in between where ever they can find room.

Brandon recently went thru some rearrangements at his office, and between having to move his desk and catch up on work he had missed, he hasn't been able to chat consistantly in quite some time. It's actually pissing me off and I'm not sure I have the right to be upset. I guess I've just been spoiled by all the attention that I feel abandoned if he's not talking to me during the whole day. Weird, eh? It's been a week since we've talked all day and I'm getting paranoid now.. thinking, what if we're growing apart now? What if we live two seperate lives now? What if he's gotten so used to me not being there that he actually prefers not to talk to me now? I tell ya.. it's driving me crazy just thinking about it.

Also, I've been venturing outside my comfort zone and doing things that I never thought I'd enjoy again. I've been meeting new people and seeing new bands and hanging out at new bars and just enjoying being around lots of different people. One co-worker here knows a guy named Jason Ashley. He's a cute country singer, who just got signed in Nashville and hopefully some day will make it big! He's opening for Trace Adkins sometime during his tour next year. Also, I've seen this local Austin band called The War Against Sleep, and the band members are good friends with another co-worker of mine. What's cool about knowing the band is that you pretty much get free drinks, the best seats in the house and all the good smoke ;) Heh heh.. just kidding! (kinda)

On the other hand, all the guys I've met thus far, while really hella nice, have been duds. One of them, Robert, I guess decided that he was too good for me and never called me back. One of them, Kevin, is part of my Thursday night happy hour group, but has decided that he's not completely over his ex girlfriend. Another one, Chris, is a ghetto white boy... yeeeah.. that's right.. he's white, shaved head, talks likes he's black. What the fuck. But I'm not really getting down about the guys, I'm just happy to be meeting people and being bold by asking them out and having fun going out on dates.

I realized that I have such a great variety of friends lately. I've always been the kind to stick to one or two people rather than have a bunch of aquaintances. But ya know what, it's been really liberating having seven or eight different groups of people to hang out with. It has definitely kept my calendar busy, that's for sure. I've been to Louisiana this month already and next month, I'm going to Austin on Halloween night to see a special show by a live band! Also, I'm going to Beaumont in Oct to see Jason Ashley again! Just Sept and Oct alone, I have a craft night, a bridal shower, a trip to Beaumont, a trip to Austin, a wedding, a swap meet/girl's night, seven happy hours, a pampered chef party, and a company walk-a-thon. It's gonna be one hell of a busy month. So if you don't see me for a while, you know why. And now you know where to find me.

Remember, I'm on Myspace, too: www.myspace.com/quesadillasforbreakfast I also blog on there!

I just realized... I should blog here more often. :P

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey you are back! Damn MySpace to hell. It sucks. Oh well. I have a MySpace and I have like 13 friends or something. Whooooooo!

Thursday, September 14, 2006 2:45:00 PM  
Blogger S said...

Um I thought Myspace was for high school kids, miss!

Nice to see ya, Erika!

Thursday, September 14, 2006 7:09:00 PM  
Blogger DaMasta said...

Haha.. yeah high school kids and twenty six year old addicts..

Friday, September 15, 2006 5:45:00 AM  
Blogger lime said...

she lives!!!!

yes, you should blog here more often. we miss you:P

glad the rats are happy and glad you're out mixing around too.

Friday, September 15, 2006 12:25:00 PM  
Blogger Spinning Girl said...

I love the way you mix it up.

Sunday, September 17, 2006 6:25:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home