quesadillas for breakfast

Thank you to the little people who made this blog possible.

Monday, August 07, 2006

Southern Dent-hell

Scheduling a dentist appointment with a fucking huge ass dental company, who employs (as I found out) only the stoopidest people on the face of this Earth, shouldn't be like pulling teeth.

Here's how it all went down.

*brrriiiiing*

(the call first goes to the central call center. you'd have to know someone important to get to actually talk to a local office employee.)

Dumbass Dental Employee: Hello, this is Dumbass Dental Employee of Dumbass Dental Company, how may I completely avoid your question and refuse to help you?

DaMasta: Hi, I was a patient at the Dumbass Dental Company in Clear Lake a couple of years ago, and I have new insurance and such now, and I was wondering if you guys still have me on file?

DDE: Ok, sure, so you want to make an appointment?

DM: Well, no.. firs---

DDE: Yes, we have your files here, says you had United Healthcare.

DM: Well, yes, I did. But I've changed now. I have Delta Dental. And it says here that you guys take those plans.

DDE: Well, we'd have to verify your insurance. It doesn't look like it's been verified yet.

DM: Um. Right. Cause, ya know, I just called you and told you that I have different insurance.

DDE: Yes, ma'am. You used to have United Healthcare. Do you not have that any more?

DM: Um. No. But if you'll hand me that bat, maybe I can beat it in your head that I've gotten new insurance.

DDE: Excuse me, ma'am?

DM: Nevermind. Yes, I have new insurance.. do you need the 800 number and my member number to verify it?

DDE: Um.. we don't verify insurance.

DM: What?

DDE: Yeeeah, we wait for a list of people who are newly covered this month, and we haven't gotten August's list yet. You'll have to wait till we get it.

DM: I've been covered for a while. I wouldn't be on that list. Can't you just call--

DDE: I'm sorry ma'am, you'll have to wait till the list comes in.

DM: So, you can't schedule me an appointment at. all. even though I have insurance?

DDE: Not until the list comes in. Or until your insurance gets verified.

DM: Listen, can you just transfer me to the local office? I'm tired of talking to you.

DDE: And what is the call regarding?

DM: WTF?!?! Um.. let's see.. it's regarding me needing to speak to someone at the local office and about you not being able to help me.

DDE: Umm... ma'am.. they won't let me transfer a call for that reason.

DM: Well then tell them whatever will get the call transfered to them.

DDE: ....

DM: Listen, you're acting like you don't want to transfer the call.

DDE: No no, it's not that..

DM: Do you even work for Southern Dental?

DDE: Ma'am, I've been working here for several years.

DM: Then transfer my call.

(My call was transfered to the local office in Clear Lake where the receptionist told me that I needed to go thru the call center to get my insurance verified and to schedule an appointment. After explaining that the representitives at the call center lacked the vital intelligence it took to perform such tasks, I was put on hold for ten minutes and no one ever picked up the line again. I then called a local private practice and in five minutes the receptionist booked an appointment and verified my insurance for me. God help the call center girl if I ever cross her path.)

16 Comments:

Blogger AndyT13 said...

HAHAHAHAHAHA! That is the Greatest. Story. Evah!
I always loved your sense of humor even when life is kicking your @$$.
Beautiful! I'd love to see you beat that dumb biatch down, heh.

Monday, August 07, 2006 12:55:00 PM  
Blogger Spinning Girl said...

Oh. my. gaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahd.

I am so annoyed on your behalf!

Big ups for saying, "here's how it all went down."

xoxo

Monday, August 07, 2006 3:32:00 PM  
Blogger DaMasta said...

andy - hahaa.. yeah, ironic thing is, after i beat her ass, the beeotch is gonna need one hell of a dentist! ha!

spinning - trust me, i'm still annoyed. i work for fucking hr, i should be treated like a god by these dental dumbwits. but noooo.. i get the stoopiest person on the planet to help me. :P

Monday, August 07, 2006 3:40:00 PM  
Blogger Crystal said...

She sounds like a toe walker for sure.

Tuesday, August 08, 2006 10:11:00 AM  
Blogger anika said...

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAA you are too funny, chica!

Friday, August 11, 2006 1:37:00 PM  
Blogger Logophile said...

I think there is actually a policy in most large companies against the employees thinking. She probably got an award.
Way to go you, though, you managed to get what you want and not go to jail!
Awesome
(if you beat down the chick from the call center at some point make sure you steal her certificate for employee of the month)

Sunday, August 13, 2006 7:32:00 AM  
Blogger LBseahag said...

fuck it...let the damn teeth rot...

Monday, August 14, 2006 8:32:00 PM  
Blogger Crystal said...

Where in the hell are your new blogger posts? Hmm? Hmmmmmm!?

Anyway - I just posted an update all about you! Quick! Go see!

Thursday, August 17, 2006 8:13:00 PM  
Blogger Spinning Girl said...

missed u bad.

Friday, August 18, 2006 1:32:00 PM  
Blogger Stephanie said...

You me amo chica.

Monday, August 21, 2006 8:20:00 PM  
Blogger The Teacup Cottage said...

It's moment's like these that make me wonder why small "Mom and Pop" operations even fear extinction. They just need to hold on long enough for us to realize the large chains employ the dumbest of the world. But then again, I guess even dumbasses need to pay their bills and the bosses don't have to fear being overthrown by someone smarter.

Tuesday, August 22, 2006 6:54:00 AM  
Blogger DaMasta said...

Ahhh.. I just got back from the dentist. NOT the Southern Dent-hell place, one much much nicer owned by a soft spoken, but not shy with the cleaning drill, Asian lady. She was very nice as was her entire staff. And the office was a relaxing environment as well. So, no cavities and my teef are so fresh and so clean clean. Muchas gracias, Dr. Parks!

Two thumbs up.

Tuesday, August 22, 2006 2:52:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very nice site! modafinil in a 400 mg pill http://www.lcd-car-audio.info Fitness competition training Men&aposs nylon shoulder bag 30 000 hiking trails and maps http://www.hard-drive-recovery-miami-florida.info/Coffee-cup-maker-one-pod.html

Monday, January 29, 2007 7:22:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wonderful and informative web site. I used information from that site its great. » »

Thursday, February 15, 2007 3:13:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have been looking for sites like this for a long time. Thank you! » » »

Friday, February 23, 2007 5:42:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wonderful and informative web site. I used information from that site its great. »

Friday, March 02, 2007 2:17:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home