quesadillas for breakfast

Thank you to the little people who made this blog possible.

Tuesday, June 27, 2006

And sometimes life just makes sense and you're happy about it

New parties, old times So I've been getting in contact with more than a few friends from high school. It's great to see everyone and hear from them again. Some are married, others have kids and houses and new job in new cities. I know I'm not nearly as grown up as any of them, but I sure do feel happy that I've gotten in touch with them at this time. We are having a wine-tasting party next month where we will officially "see" everyone, instead of just in pictures on the net. I don't have a date to take yet, but maybe I will when the event comes around.

We go back like babies and pacifiers Also, I've been hanging out more with my best good friend from high school. Her and I have known each other for about 18 years, and we've had a kinda off and on friendship after high school. This time though, I can tell it's gonna stick. We are most comfortable with ourselves and each of our positions in life. We're no longer judgemental or presumtuous about our different lives. And she has a great new boyfriend that I'm super excited about because she finally found someone that is smarter than her and that makes her happy all the time, not just some of the time. And since I've been hanging out with her, she's introduced me to a group of really great people, and I'm excited to be a part of her life again. It's been about three years since we've been friends, and I'm just thrilled to be hanging out with her again. It feels like old times, but it feels like new times too. Like we're making new memories and new adventures together.

It's over, and I like it So, yeah, Brandon and I aren't all like omg-I-totally-wanna-be-with-you-and-make-out-with-you-and-marry-you-and-move-to-sweeden-and-have-7-pet-rats or anything like that anymore. Well, I'm not sure HE ever was like that, but I sure was. Was being the operative word here. We have both moved to a great new place called best good friends. I couldn't be happier, really. I'm so glad everyday that I have someone like that in my life to talk to and to share my life happenings with and to tell my silly stories too. I think he's such a wonderful listener and a more than patient person. And we still love each other, but it's a new, happy, friendship, its-so-great-to-see-you love. It's the most refreshing part of my day when I come to work and log on and he's there. And he listens to me bitch about my day or get excited about a raise or to listen to me gossip about my coworkers. He makes my life easy and I appreciate him mucho for that. :)

Things that could have been brought to my attention YESTERDAY So yeah, yesterday I went with my friend Anna to a "passions party".. ya know, sex toys and the like. So anywho, there were about 13 bottles of wine there, and I think between Anna and myself, we had four. And might I add, this was the first time for me to drink red wine. And by the way, my favorite two are Pinot Noir and Bourdeaux [or however you spell it]. But holy shit, was it a bad idea to drink nearly two bottles of wine on a Monday night. I had the hangover from hell this morning, and every time I mentioned it to someone, they all had the same response, "Oh, yeah.. red wine is the worst. It gives you the nastiest hangovers."

5 Comments:

Blogger lime said...

gees, why don't i get invited to passions parties?? all i ever get is the pampered chef......cheese graters or vibrators? hhhmmm

Wednesday, June 28, 2006 6:11:00 AM  
Blogger Sherri Sanders said...

I've learned my lesson with red wine......

1 won a penis shaped lipstick at a passion party because I lied to everyone I knew and told them I was attending a candle party. LOL

Wednesday, June 28, 2006 6:17:00 AM  
Blogger Crystal said...

I agree with Lime. Where AM I when the rubber-fun party invites are sent? Instead I get invited to jewerly and candle parties. CANDLES! When are people going to learn that the words: CANDLE, TUPPERWARE and PARTY don't mix?

SEX and PARTY is like cocoa puffs and milk - Perfect fit!

Wednesday, June 28, 2006 12:47:00 PM  
Blogger lookingbusy said...

LOL @ cheap red wine. Wine makes you tired when you drink it. (Look for the stuff that doesn't say "Contains Sulfates" on the bottle, but be prepared to spend the cash!)

Wednesday, June 28, 2006 3:14:00 PM  
Blogger Spinning Girl said...

You have the most fun life!

Hop on over; I blogged about a very special present!!!

Saturday, July 01, 2006 7:38:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home