quesadillas for breakfast

Thank you to the little people who made this blog possible.

Friday, May 19, 2006

Sick Daze

Hey everyone. Seems I've been gone for-ev-ah.

I've actually been out sick for the past two days with a nasty stomach virus. Barfing, diarrhea, fever, the works. [Sorry, did I ruin your breakfast? Well, now you know how I felt.] I'm not sure how I got it or even what happened [kinda hit me like a freight train], but I think it was going around. Benefits Chick's friend had the sickness the night we went to the Improv, and then Benefits Chick got it herself on Monday, and then BAM, it hit me on Wednesday morning.

I went to the doc and [this is why I hate docs] of course they did nothing except tell me what I already knew [I had a stomach virus]. This got me thinking.. I didn't have health insurance for two years and I never needed it once, and ever since I've had it for these past couple of months, I've used it waaay too many times.

Last time I went to the doc, it was after the March of Dimes walk, when I hurt my foot. They took x-rays, but of course nothing was wrong and it healed itself two days later.




Wednesday, when I went to the doc, they perscribed some mighty fine pain killers - which, when paired with Tylenol PM worked hella good wonders.



Being nocturnal and all, Chibby joined me in some much needed afternoon naps.




I'm all better now, but how can I be so sure? Oh, just check out the fabulous shoes I'm wearing today:

6 Comments:

Blogger Stephanie said...

Nah - talking about your nasty illness didn't bother me in the least. I just kept on eating my whole grain bagel with light cream cheese. mmmmm.....

Missed you - mwuah!

Friday, May 19, 2006 8:25:00 AM  
Blogger Kelly said...

I am totally covetting your shoes!!!! Sorry to hear that you have been ill. It seems to be going around, or at least on the blogs I read everyone is sick. Hope you have a great weekend!!

Friday, May 19, 2006 9:05:00 AM  
Blogger lime said...

yikes, that's not fun at all. glad your back on your feet though

Friday, May 19, 2006 10:41:00 AM  
Blogger Breazy said...

I am glad you are feeling better . I love the shoes but I would fall and kill myself were I to wear them ! Have a good weekend !

Friday, May 19, 2006 11:28:00 AM  
Blogger DaMasta said...

snav - Your stomach is stronger than mine because I think I made *myself* sick a little. Blerp.

myutopia - Noooo.. don't take my shoes! I call those my Retro Brown Sandals. Love them! I didn't know you could catch the flu thru the internet.. heyyyy...who's been kissing my blog lately?? Hmm???

limerz - Thanks, sweetie. I'm fine now. I lost a couple hundred pounds from not eating in two days, though. Score!

breaze - I had to learn myself how to walk in heels, but now that I've mastered it, you can't pay me enough to wear flats. :D

Friday, May 19, 2006 3:27:00 PM  
Blogger Crystal said...

I love: Your cuddly rat and sweet shoes.

I'm sorry: about your barfy sickness and runs.

I hate: Doctors and knowing you have the runs.

Friday, May 19, 2006 7:13:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home