quesadillas for breakfast

Thank you to the little people who made this blog possible.

Tuesday, May 09, 2006

Next Stop? Crazytown. Population: Me.

I don't have much to say today. [Well, maybe I do, we'll see how this post ends up].

I've been working my tail off at work [and by "working my tail off", I mean sometimes it gets busy at work and I have no time to blog or sometimes I'm waay too busy chatting with people online that I forget to blog or sometimes I get sleepy after lunch and just sit in a carb-induced daze for the last 4 hours of work and forget to blog]. Very soon though, I will start training in the Travel Dept and I'm guessing I will have actual job duties to perform, whereupon I will be forced to do actual work and my blogging will suffer greatly. Until then, I guess I should blog as much as I can.

I am still unlucky in love. I met this guy from an online dating site, and he turned out to be soo straight-laced I couldn't stand it. He was anti-drugs, anti-drinking, anti-smoking, the works. And since I'm pro-everything he wasn't, the connection didn't last long.

And now, there's Happy Hour dood. I met him at [duh] happy hour a few weeks ago at this local cajun joint near my house. He's pretty awesome. He makes me laugh, is very laid back, easy going, cute bod, fun-loving, that sort of thing. We talk nearly everyday, and we've been out three or four times now. Last night at dinner, however, he lays a big ass bomb on me by telling me that he's thinking about going to Iraq for a year so he can save up money for a house. In Austin. Either that, or just move to Austin altogether. And he's making this decision by the end of August. So, ya know, whatever.. I meet a decent guy, someone I can actually see myself dating exclusively, and he decides to up and move to a different city. Geez, was it my breath?

Last night, I had an hour and a half long conversation with my ex [and by "conversation", I mean it was mainly me venting and telling him off and him sputtering out the most offensive and vile responses that, in turn, made me want to reach thru the phone and rip his head off]. For some reason he thinks that if we get back together, he can be a better friend to me. Get this - he readily admits that he's not a good friend to me, but insists that it's just. because. we're not together. Yeah. Ok. What the fuck are YOU smokin, buddy? I told him, "Sure, I'm physically attracted to you, but sexual chemistry can only take you so far. I've been there, done that with you already. We tried to make it work in the past, and it didn't last. And now, nothing about being in a relationship with you sounds appealing if you can't even be a friend to me. The physical attraction thing worked when we were younger, but it's not going to satisfy me now. I want a *meaningful* relationship with a strong foundation of friendship."

At that moment, my phone ran out of battery, and we haven't spoken since.

Bsoholic and I still talk everyday during work. We've become great friends again, but sometimes, like today, I feel that we should be together. Maybe it's the weather, or maybe the Earth's gravational pull is tuggin on my heart strings a little more than usual. Either way, I'm grateful to have him as such a good listener and comforter and yes-man.

I mean, really, everyone needs a good yes-man.

13 Comments:

Blogger Breazy said...

Mr. Right will come along when you least expect it ! I know that is easier for me to say since I am not in your shoes but I am tellin' ya girl , it is true ! Good luck !

Tuesday, May 09, 2006 6:54:00 PM  
Blogger Spinning Girl said...

Your love life sounds like mine.

Let's bump uglies.

Wednesday, May 10, 2006 3:34:00 AM  
Blogger lime said...

ok, i haqvent been able to comment for ages, i dunno why, but glad i can now.

it aint always easy kiddo. i wish you luck. and tell bs to get his bloggin self back online so we all can enjoy him

Wednesday, May 10, 2006 6:11:00 AM  
Blogger Crystal said...

Whenever the single life gets you down, just remember:
-You can have sex with anyone you want.
-If you find socks on the kitchen counter, at least you know they are your socks.
-Chibby doesn't care how big your breasts are or how little your waist is.
-No one will ask you to rationalize that $80 dinner and drinks you had the other night.
-You can make out with Colin Quinn.
-There is no one to scrutinize your driving (or anything else about you).
-Chibby thinks you look gorgeous in the morning (even with eye-boogers and pillow head).

Wednesday, May 10, 2006 7:25:00 AM  
Blogger Kelly said...

Tell him stay out of Austin, we don't need anyone else clogging up traffic.

Wednesday, May 10, 2006 8:35:00 AM  
Blogger DaMasta said...

breaze - I'm least expecting him now! Where is he, dammit?!?!? ;)

spinning - Is that an invitation?

lime - I've tried to convince bs to get his butt back on the internet, but he won't budge. The truth is, he's been wanting to get away from blogging for a while now.. and our little spat gave him the perfect opportunity.

madmeer - Heyyyyy.. I don't have eye boogers. Ok, yes, maybe I do. LOL.. thanks, mad! you're the best invisible blog friend a girl could ever have!! :D

Wednesday, May 10, 2006 11:39:00 AM  
Blogger DaMasta said...

myutopia - Oh, I know about that. I used to live there. If Austin would frickin come into the 21st century and build some frickin roads in that town, ya'll wouldn't have so many traffic problems.. LOL. ;)

Wednesday, May 10, 2006 11:48:00 AM  
Blogger Shanshu said...

I'm sorry...what?

A guy said he wanted to "move to Iraq to save up money for a house"???

How does that work? Is there something about Iraq I'm unaware of? Seems shady to me. I think I'd rather stay in my apartment, yo.

Less chance of being blown up.

Wednesday, May 10, 2006 1:26:00 PM  
Blogger Shanshu said...

I'm sorry...what?

A guy said he wanted to "move to Iraq to save up money for a house"???

How does that work? Is there something about Iraq I'm unaware of? Seems shady to me. I think I'd rather stay in my apartment, yo.

Less chance of being blown up.

Wednesday, May 10, 2006 1:26:00 PM  
Blogger Shanshu said...

I'm sorry...what?

A guy said he wanted to "move to Iraq to save up money for a house"???

How does that work? Is there something about Iraq I'm unaware of? Seems shady to me. I think I'd rather stay in my apartment, yo.

Less chance of being blown up.

Wednesday, May 10, 2006 1:26:00 PM  
Blogger Stephanie said...

For someone who had nothing to say, ya sure blathered on there!! :) You know I love you.

I have never had a yes-man - what's it like????

Wednesday, May 10, 2006 4:38:00 PM  
Blogger Kelly said...

Thank you for feeling my pain!

Thursday, May 11, 2006 12:59:00 PM  
Blogger DaMasta said...

Shan - Companies like Halliburton will hire men on contract to drive supply trucks around in Iraq. Because of the incredible danger associated with the job, they usually make $100,000 a year, tax-free.

Snav - It's the greatest thing to have a yes-man. He's a great friend and a great listener. I couldn't ask for anything more.

myutopia - Thank god for the great bus system there, right? ;)

Sunday, May 14, 2006 11:17:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home