quesadillas for breakfast

Thank you to the little people who made this blog possible.

Tuesday, May 30, 2006

It TOOK: me a long ass time to finish this post.

I AM the sum of all my parts. Take it or leave it. You can't have the good without the bad. I'm clingy, selfish, independent, loyal, moody, positive, self-conscious, proud, generous, thrifty, snobby, and laid back.

I WANT to live a full life. To me, this means being remembered for something important, making a difference in someone's life, and being loved by someone special.

I WISH I didn't have a visible birthmark. It is my kryptonite. I feel it has hindered me in life. I think it's the reason I'm still single. It didn't bother me when I was younger, in fact I hardly ever noticed it. But the older I get, the more self-aware I become.

I HATE sweating. I think it's gross.

I MISS being fearless. Snavy said this, and I think it really hits home for me. I miss saying what's on my mind. I miss walking around with with a thousand times more self-esteem than I do now. I miss caring too deeply and talking too loudly. Oh wait.. I still do those things.

I FEAR marriage. I have a deep seeded fear of commitment. I think it honestly runs in the family. I have a 40 yr old uncle who's been married and divorced 3 times. I have an uncle who's divorced after 20something years of marriage. I have three cousins who are my age who have already been married and divorced. I'm kidding of course about it running in the family. But think about it, there's a 50% chance of failure. And I'm not the gambling type.

I HEAR there's gonna be a Wolverine prequel. Can't wait for that. Hugh Jackman is hawt.

I WONDER if I'll ever make it to Tennessee. I hear some pretty great people live there. Unfortunately for me, they live there with their girlfriends.

I REGRET nothing. It leads to a game of what-if's. And homey don't play that.

I AM NOT that innocent. Ha! Got that song stuck in yer head now, huh?

I DANCE in my living room, in front of my tv, to my Nsync vhs of their 2000 world tour in New York's Madison Square Garden. Don't laugh. You did the same with New Kids on the Block. Come'on. Who was your favorite? Donny?

I SING everyday on my way to work. Or anytime I'm in the car, for that matter.

I CRY when I'm in a situation that I can't control. I also cry after watching scary movies, or any movies dealing with death. Death is something of which I'm terribly afraid. It's the ultimate in uncontrollable situations. And don't you dare say that I'm afraid of death because I don't believe in God or the afterlife. Believing in God doesn't make death any less uncontrollable.

I AM NOT ALWAYS truthful. It's so much easier to lie, dontcha think? Seriously, though, I have a bad habit of lying. It's the first thing I think of when someone asks me a question: Lie first, explain later.

I MAKE WITH MY HANDS money, for to buy things with.

I WRITE poems occasionally. I don't do it often, because I have a stoopid knack for writing them in silly song style ala Dr. Suess.

I CONFUSE Iowa with Idaho. I took a glance at a map this weekend and was surprised to learn that Idaho was waaay West.

I NEED more money. Mo' money, mo' problems? I like my saying better: mo' money, mo' things.

I SHOULD start my own business. Maybe when I'm more settled. For now, I'll just concentrate on getting a new car. Yes, Fuckus is only a year old. But I live for new cars. New cars are my toys. I get one every year or so.

I START posts and then forget about them.

I FINISH them eventually.

11 Comments:

Blogger AndyT13 said...

Interesting post. I used to have that lying problem. I got it from my...upbringing. Anyway that hit home. I've since cured myself of that but it ain't easy. I have to supress that urge to lie, take a deep breath and spit the truth. Fuck it. It hurts the other person (or me) less that getting caught out lying. That pisses most people off more than whatever truth you're trying to hide. Anyway...your hair looks good stright. It looked good curly too but it seems to ...suit you...better straight. What. Eva.
Hope your weekend was good. Your sister is a scream. "Medication for DYING?" "No, phobias." HAHAHAHA!
Peace.
A

Tuesday, May 30, 2006 1:49:00 PM  
Blogger Kelly said...

Thank you for sharing with us!

Tuesday, May 30, 2006 2:00:00 PM  
Blogger DaMasta said...

andy - The lying problem is so bad, that nowadays I catch myself lying about stoopid stuff. Like, "what did you have for dinner, damasta?" "I cooked chicken and smashed potatos and corn"... knowing good and well I had Taco Bell.

My sister cracks me up sometimes. Her matter-of-fact cluelessness is the reason I *know* she's my sister.

myutopia - You're welcome sweetie. Always a pleasure.

Tuesday, May 30, 2006 2:46:00 PM  
Blogger Spinning Girl said...

What I love about you is that you know yourself. & you're OK with you. That's a big thing.

I think you should do a photopost on your birthmark, and forget about being self-conscious. You know we will embrace it as part of you.

I try not 2 lie as a rule of life. It just makes things harder. If necessary I withhold information. Lie my salary, from the IRS. BUT I JEST OF COURSE!

I sing in the car. The harmony, of course. This made it hard when I sang backup in a band; I used my own made-up harmonies that I sang in the car, instead of the real, written harmonies.

I never cared about Iowa til I dated someone from there (Brad the Lazy-Ass Clown); now it irks me. I hear Idaho is pretty. I want to move there just so I can say, "do you know me? I da ho from Idaho." This is my life's dream.

Tuesday, May 30, 2006 3:04:00 PM  
Blogger S said...

I love your hair straight, Erica!

Yes to the birthmark..show it for HNT

Alot of "abnormal"...no...um...strange, no...LOL..different..but well loved parts on HNT...I showed my cross eye! :P

Tuesday, May 30, 2006 5:04:00 PM  
Blogger Jerk Of All Trades 2.0 said...

You lie?
You mean......I'm not hot?

Wednesday, May 31, 2006 5:32:00 AM  
Blogger lime said...

as one who has spent a significant portion of life with a liar, i gotta say andy's right. a lie pissess me off way more than a harsh truth.

i am:glad ya finally finished this post

Wednesday, May 31, 2006 5:35:00 AM  
Blogger T. Leach said...

It can't be that bad. Unless it's like a cock or something. That was wrong. I apologize.

Wednesday, May 31, 2006 11:48:00 AM  
Blogger Crystal said...

Gah! I hate death. Stupid guy!

I have the opposite problem with telling the truth. I should lie sometimes and I think to myself, before speaking, now is a good time to lie. But then the truth just comes blurting out of my mouth: "YES! You really WERE a bitch in high school!" or "this really does taste bad." It's a curse.

Wednesday, May 31, 2006 4:38:00 PM  
Blogger Crystal said...

Oh and Spin is right - Sport the birthmark. Name it a cute name or something. Sport it!

Wednesday, May 31, 2006 4:41:00 PM  
Blogger Breazy said...

Hey .. I live in Tennessee and I don't have a girlfriend so what the heck are ya waitin on girl ? hehe ! Actually I would love to open my door and you be there one day . I have the NSYNC video and yes I danced to New Kids and yes , Donnie was my favorite ! hehe!

Thursday, June 01, 2006 2:54:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home