quesadillas for breakfast

Thank you to the little people who made this blog possible.

Sunday, May 14, 2006

E for Easy Lover

So, I asked Snav to tag my ass, and this is what she came up with:

Comment on this entry and ask and I will give you a letter. Write ten words beginning with that letter in your blog, including an explanation of what the word means to you and why, and then pass out letters to those who want to play along.

My letter [for obvious reasons] is E. Here are my words:

Eclectic: As in, my taste in music, my taste in men, my driving habits, my moods, my bank account balance, my dance moves, my relationship with my mother, the way my curls lay on my head, and my underwear collection.

Enthusiastic: This is the mood expected of me everyday from 7:30am to 5:15. I work as a front lobby receptionist in the happiest fucking corporate office in Houston. I swear there's crack in the water. Every single one of the employees is bright, chipper, and high on life. It's exhausting, but let me tell you, it's better than working for grumpy assholes.

Everysinglefuckingday: Moreover, my boss walks in everyday with the same greeting: "Happy Monday!", "Happy Tuesday!", "Happy Wednesday!", "Happy Thursday!", "Happy Friday!".

Excel: My father is a perfectionist, my mother is a relentless bitch. Therefore, I've always excelled at tasks, particularly academics. In elementary school, I was in the SOAR program. In middle school, I was Gifted and Talented. In high school, I was in the Math Club [where I won a medal for some stoopid timed math test], Science Club [which I joined because the love-of-my-high-school-life was in the same club and also because I wanted to go to the Zoo during school hours], Business Professionals of America organization [where I won district in some fucking contest where I had to prioritize business tasks and complete them using either MS Word, Excel or Powerpoint]; I also graduated top 10% of my class with a 4.64 GPA. Surprisingly, I never got my ass kicked.

Erotica: People I know read this blog, so I'll just say: Just because I'm single, doesn't mean I don't get laid. I have a very healthy sex-life. Always have.

Ethniticity: I rarely talk about my heritage, because honestly, I don't know that much about it. My parents grew up in a time when speaking fluent Spanish was a disadvantage when it came to learning in school. Consequently, the only culture and language I know came from 9 years of Spanish classes. I can speak, read, and write Spanish. Ironic how native Spanish speakers are getting better jobs than I am. But for business purposes, I can pass for bi-lingual. I can sell anything in Spanish.

Erica: My name. People always spell it incorrectly. It means, "ever powerful."

Ears: My nervous habit is pulling on the lobes of my ears. It drives my mother absolutely crazy when I do it, but the only time I do it is when I'm around her. If we're in public and I start doing it, she will, without hesitation, slap my hand away from my ear.

Elope: If I ever do get married, this is how it's all going down: We'd fly to Vegas and get married at one of those drive-thru marriage joints. Then, we'd gamble away any money that we saved up for a traditional wedding. Later, back home, we'd throw a big party, where all our relatives and friends could shower us with gifts and best wishes.

Elephants: I went to the zoo one day with a friend when I was younger. We stopped by the elephant exhibit where a huge male was on display. I noticed something strange, so I pointed to the elephant and curiously asked, "Why does that elephant have 5 legs?" My friend replied, "Because that 5th leg is not a leg at all. It's his penis."

If you'd like to play along, just ask for a letter in my comments.

13 Comments:

Blogger Spinning Girl said...

I love this!
I already have a letter, but it is taking me a while to do this.
Happy Sunday!

Sunday, May 14, 2006 5:28:00 PM  
Blogger Crystal said...

Oooh...looks like perfect Monday morning blog content. Letter please.

- BTW - I now have a Phil Collins song in my head thanks to your title. I'll get you for this, my pretty!

Sunday, May 14, 2006 8:30:00 PM  
Blogger DaMasta said...

spinning - can't wait to see your letter. i bet it's 's', am i right?

mad - i give you the letter 'b', only because i secretly hope you'll include 'beer' and 'bitch'.

Monday, May 15, 2006 5:40:00 AM  
Blogger lime said...

lol, fun lilst, girly. i put mine up today too. lmao@ elephants

Monday, May 15, 2006 6:26:00 AM  
Blogger Stephanie said...

Very, very cool list my dear!!!

Happy Monday!!

Monday, May 15, 2006 11:23:00 AM  
Blogger AndyT13 said...

This is great. I love your blog. BTW I just noticed you were my second comment ever! I've been out here almost a year! BTW, WTF???
How in the FUCK could someone ever spell Erica wrong? What, they put in a silent X? WTF??? Uh oh. I think I jusy gave mywself a letter...

Tuesday, May 16, 2006 8:38:00 AM  
Blogger DaMasta said...

limerz - cool! i'll go check it out. lol :P

snav - it's tuesday now, so .. happy tuesday! ..ugh.

andy - LOL.. they usually spell it Erika or Ericka. wrong and wrong. i can't believe that I was your second comment ever.. wow.. i dunno how I even found you. weird how blogland works.. I'd like to see you do the letter "L", cause I'd like to hear your thoughts on love.

Tuesday, May 16, 2006 12:28:00 PM  
Blogger Crystal said...

I have my letter. I will go abuse it now.

Wednesday, May 17, 2006 7:28:00 AM  
Blogger Logophile said...

hey just did this too, I got an O from Lime.
Good list oh ever powerful one.

Wednesday, May 17, 2006 11:04:00 PM  
Blogger S said...

Excellent list Erica! Fun to learn some new things about you! HHNT too!

Thursday, May 18, 2006 7:54:00 AM  
Blogger lookingbusy said...

This blog is starting to look like mine...

Thursday, May 18, 2006 1:06:00 PM  
Blogger Stephanie said...

Top 10 reasons why I miss Damasta:

1. She is just so damn fine.

2. She makes me smile everyday.

3. No text messeges. :(

4. My kids need their Auntie.

5. I need a wiseass in my life to keep me on my toes.

6. Yo me atraso en mis lecciones espaƱolas.

7. I have no one to live my Taco Bell fantsies through.

8. Her giggle. It's so damn cute.

9. No one else says "GAH!".

10. I just do - dammit!!

Thursday, May 18, 2006 10:05:00 PM  
Blogger Spinning Girl said...

are you taking a beauty nap?

Friday, May 19, 2006 3:32:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home