quesadillas for breakfast

Thank you to the little people who made this blog possible.

Monday, April 10, 2006

And I Can Turn a Grey Sky Blue

The other night I had a dream about my Long Distance Love. We were trying to put together a puzzle, or figure out a game, .. I couldn't figure out what it was.. and we were on a roller coaster, going around and around.. all the while, not knowing why we were there or how to put together the puzzle. The ride was fun, but it was complicated by the fact that we didn't know how to complete the task at hand.

I consulted my dream encyclopedia and cross referenced "lost" and "rollercoaster" and this is what it said:

"Many times life feels like a journey, and in dreamland, the journey becomes confused. Being lost can symbolize the lack of ability to make choices in your waking life. It can also mean a feeling of isolation or sense that motion is not leading to progress. If you are lost due to motion that does not lead to progress, you may be pretty ambivalent about whether your waking life is meaningful. Your ability to feel effective in life is being compromised in some area that needs a little examination."

Hmm... choices, choices, choices.. I'm such an indecisive person that making choices in my life is an on-going struggle in many areas. I think being the oldest child [and only child for ten years], I'm terrified of failure. Which is ironic, because I've failed so many times in my life, you'd think I'd be used to it by now.

This is one of the reasons why I'm terrified of relationships. I think to myself.. I'm sure I'll fuck it up somehow. I'm sure the blissful feeling at the start of the relationship will wear off and leave us indifferent and resentful.

I wonder how I became so cynical about relationships? I don't come from a broken family, I don't think any of my friends have gone thru a divorce, and I'm not hung up on some old hurtful reltaionship from the past.

Well, you know what they say about facing your fears, right? You should.. uh.. face them. So, I'm doing what any sane person who's deathly afraid of relationships would do... I'm jumping head first into the dating pool. So far, I've met a couple of different people, and as those relationships progress, I'll keep you updated.

Until then, if you have any dreams for my dream encyclopedia to analyze, just ask in the commets!

8 Comments:

Blogger AndyT13 said...

Oh yes, I can say from personal experience that relationships are the greatest thing on earth. I should know, I've fucked enough of them up. By all means dive right in. What could possibly go wrong?
If you want me I'll be in the bar.

Monday, April 10, 2006 7:44:00 AM  
Blogger lime said...

i dunno. i have by no means cornered the market on relationship wisdom. i've been amrried 17 yrs but sometimes it feels liek it has been that long for sheer stubborness more than anything else. go read breazy's interview today. i think she is amazing. she has some wisdom.

i have all sorts of goofy dreams. what does a drowning dream mean. i get dragged or pushed under and fight to get away but i can't. just as i can't hold my breath anymore and i kow the water will fill my lungs i start to breath even though i am underwater, and then i can swim away.

Monday, April 10, 2006 10:07:00 AM  
Blogger Stephanie said...

I like your attitude!!

My dreams scare my therapist so we won't go there...

Monday, April 10, 2006 10:21:00 AM  
Blogger DaMasta said...

Lime - Water in any dream is a powerful symbol. If water symbolizes anxiety to you, then the tumultuous ocean creates the most anxiety. Water has a symbolic, archetypal meaning in that it either provides life, or harbors mystery and danger. Uncontrolled water will often create a sense of unease for the dream.

Monday, April 10, 2006 12:31:00 PM  
Blogger Lee Ann said...

I get strange dreams too.

The only thing I can say about relationships are...don't live in fear of having a bad one, because you might miss out on the time of your life. You just never know!

Monday, April 10, 2006 4:38:00 PM  
Blogger Crystal said...

It's just a matter of time before you bump into the person for you. All that shit they say about people knowing when it's right is true. Don't settle for anything less.

Now analyze my dream please:

A naked hot guy walks into a bar wearing a banana peal and a tin hat. He sits down next to me, buys me a drink and tells me he's Santa Claus. I wake up.

Monday, April 10, 2006 5:45:00 PM  
Blogger Logophile said...

Most of the dreams I can recall are lucid dreams, so they end up going exactly the way I want.
The exceptions are seriously freaky nightmares which are very rare but typically involve my husband being killed or that kind of a thing.

Monday, April 10, 2006 5:58:00 PM  
Blogger Breazy said...

I have a dream encyclopedia too! I got it for my birthday last year because I always remember my dreams and I am very curious about things so now I have it ! Good luck with the dating !


btw.. thank you Lime ! :)

Monday, April 10, 2006 8:33:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home