quesadillas for breakfast

Thank you to the little people who made this blog possible.

Monday, March 27, 2006

Tag-My-Ass Monday: And now I know my ABC's

It's been a while since I've been tagged. I mean, I got tagged Friday night, but I mean, in blogland terms.. it's been a while.

[Break for commercial]
This tag has been brought to you by the blogger Lee ann. She lives in a castle, and she DOESN'T have butt dust. Click the link for more information.
[..and we're back.]

Accent - I've been told I sound like a valley girl from the South. However, due to my job, I interact with New Yorkers all the time, and I think I've picked up a little of their accent.

Booze of choice - At my favorite mexifood joint, there's a frozen drink called the Star-Spangled Spaniard. It comes in a huge ass glass and it's a frozen margarita mixed with several other liquors. I can't hold my alcohol worth a damn, so I'm usally on my ass after just one of those.

Chore I hate - I hate all chores. But when you live by yourself, they aren't called "chores" anymore. It's simply called "shit you have to do cause no one else is gonna do it for you."

A couple of years ago, an older friend of mine was telling me about his 17 year old daughter who was threatening to move out and marry her boyfriend because she was tired of her mother making her do chores and all.
I responded, "Well, she's gonna get a shock when she moves out, gets her own place, and realizes that now she has to do ALL the fucking chores."

Dog or cat - Rat. You guys might remember Chibby Chibberson, my blue hooded rat. She was a rescue, so I don't really know her exact age, but I'd guess about a year old. Rats only live about 2-3 years, and I've had over 10 rats now. I used to be involved in small animal rescue when I had more free time, and I'd travel all over Texas rescuing animals and adopting them back out to better owners.

Here's a pic of Chibby:











I'm an equal opportunity animal lover, though. Growing up, we had a dog. When I left college and moved to Houston, my roommate had a snake, three cats, and a dog. My favorite was the snake. It was a corn snake named Kellogg, and it was the most laid back creature I had ever met. We used to sit on the couch and watch Friends together. Currently, there's a stray cat in my apartment complex that I've grown close to. I've named him Bruno, and sometimes he's waiting for me at my door when I come home.

Essential electronics - Alarm clock, cell phone, computer.

Favorite perfume(s)/cologne(s) – I wear Giorgio Armani Sensi.

Gold or Silver? – Silver. I usually only wear silver. I do have, what I call, "ghetto gold" - that cheapy gold jewelry from Claire's - that I wear if I'm wearing brown or something that wouldn't look right with silver.

Hometown - Houston, Texas

Insomnia? – Never. I love sleep. But on weekends, I have "early wakey up" syndrome because during the week I'm used to waking up at 4:45am, so on the weekends it's hard for me to sleep past 7am. Gah!

Job Title – Receptionist Extrodinaire.

Kids? - Try to avoid them at all costs.

Living Arrangement - Me and Chibby Chibberson. I have a one-bedroom apartment in Houston. People always ask me one of two questions when they hear that I'm single living by myself:
a. Do you ever get scared living by yourself? No. I've lived on my own since I was 18, and it's no big deal to me. I've lived in nice neighborhoods and I've lived in not-so-nice neighborhoods. No, I don't check under my bed or in my closets when I come home from work. No, I don't believe in the boogeyman. No, I don't sleep with any lights on in the house. No, I don't freak out when I hear noises coming from outside.
b. Do you ever get bored/lonely? No. First of all, I'm never really home that much to begin with. I have a standing joke that my apartment is more like a "hotel", just somewhere to sleep. I have plenty of friends/family/'chores' to keep me busy. And when I do get a moment to myself, it's nice to come home and chill out in the peace and quiet.

Most admired trait - I think other people admire the fact that I'm an easy person to get along with, and that I'm pretty generous and giving with my time and/or resources. The trait that gets over-looked most of the time [that I wish wouldn't] is my complete loyalty as a friend.

Number of Sexual Partners - Now? One. Ever? Uh...

Overnight Hospital Stays - None.

Phobia - I get very anxious and short of breath when I'm in a crowded room with people everywhere and there's no comfortable place to sit and not much room to move around. I'm not sure if that's considered claustraphobic, or what, but I'm getting short of breath just thinking about it.

Religion - This is a tricky question. Let's just say, I was raised Catholic and in college I learned about different religions and realized that I'm not so much Catholic anymore. I know I'd never get married in a church, and I think it's silly that we should only be made to give up our vices two months out of the year. Just seems a little rediculous to me. But that's all I'm gonna say about that.

Siblings - Younger sister. Ten years younger.

Time I wake up - 4:45am. Work out from 5am to 6am. At work by 7:20am.

Unusual talent/skill - I'm acutally good at making presentations and speeches. My junior year, I was a corporate communications major at UT. I've taken enough speech classes to last a life time. As a sales manager, I had to conduct meetings and give presentations to execs at the regional office regarding our sales preformance. Working with special events at my current job, I get to do some speaking at company meetings.

Vegetable I refuse to eat - Cooked spinich. I'd rather not eat something that tastes like someone has already chewed it.

Worst habit - I say inappropriate things out loud in public. I get this from my mother, and I try to be discrete, but sometimes I'm on a roll and I don't think before I speak. Ironically, it absolutely irks me when someone else says inappropriate things that, in turn, embarrass me in public.

Yummy foods I make - And by "make", you mean "buy"? Enchiladas verdes from Cafe Adobe, coconut shrimp from Red Lobster, and broccoli and cheese soup from Chili's.

Zodiac sign - Crapricorn.

Here's the part where I tag unsuspecting bloggers:

Madmeer

Snav

Lime

Logo

Bsoholic [ha ha, sucka!]

*Editor's note: I just realized that this was supposed to be like an A-Z thing, but I omitted some questions that I thought were kinda lame. Feel free to visit Lee Ann's blog for the whole list and add them back in if you wish.

8 Comments:

Blogger lime said...

lol, fun list. i did one like this a long time ago but there are a few different qs so i'll do it again, just for you. hehehe. might not be until later in the week though.

Monday, March 27, 2006 9:09:00 AM  
Blogger Stephanie said...

*see lime's comment*

LOL - you sound exactly like that!!!

Monday, March 27, 2006 12:38:00 PM  
Blogger DaMasta said...

Cool, Limey, thanks! I'll be looking for it! ;)

Shuddup, Snav!! I may sound like a valley girl, but YOU have a super heavy accent!! I can DEFINITELY tell where YOU're from! :P

xoxo

Monday, March 27, 2006 2:28:00 PM  
Blogger Spinning Girl said...

What an ass--that was me back there (Budding Rose). Remind me to sign back in as SG after I update that stupid whore's blog.

Monday, March 27, 2006 3:27:00 PM  
Blogger DaMasta said...

Spinning - I was gonna say... what the f*ck?!
Geezus woman, don't confuse me. I'm easily confused as it is.

I didn't tag you cause I probably know all your answers to those questions. I mean, I've read like.. yer WHOLE blog by now. Sheesh.

xoxo

Monday, March 27, 2006 4:53:00 PM  
Blogger Crystal said...

I got tagged! Holy shit! I am ecstatic! I haven't been THIS excited about being tagged since....well, there was that time back in high school where I got really experimental and ended up...

Never mind. I am excited and that's all we really need to explore here.

LA-MOW at "shit I gotta do" instead of chores. No kidding!

And I thought I was the only weirdo that liked rats and snakes!

I will post this tonight because: A)I excited and B) I am too lazy to move anything but my fingers.

Monday, March 27, 2006 5:05:00 PM  
Blogger Lee Ann said...

Love your list. I used to live in Houston...off of Wilcox(I think that was the name of it) and Westheimer. Downtown is a bit strange not having numbered city blocks. I used to work in Memorial City Medical Center.
That drink sounds excellent, I would love to try one of those!

Monday, March 27, 2006 6:49:00 PM  
Blogger Crystal said...

Posted. I slaved for minutes over this beauty! WHOLE MINUTES WHICH TURNED INTO MULTIPLE MINUTES!

Monday, March 27, 2006 7:41:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home