quesadillas for breakfast

Thank you to the little people who made this blog possible.

Friday, March 10, 2006

I'm a big [not so] fat loser.

It started in December. It was a bleak and miserable week. Oh, how I thought the world had turned against me. I thought the evil gods of skinny whores like Paris Hilton and the Olson twins were out to destroy hot curvacious babes such as myself. It was an audruous battle between good and bitter, and although bitter put up a good fight [and sometimes won a few], I came out the ultimate victor.

Of course I did. Who else, but DaMasta.

For a month and a half I deprived myself of carbs. For the first time in my life. [And, now, probably for the ONLY time in my life.] One day, in the middle of January, I woke up and I had suddenly lost two pant sizes. Seriously. That's how the shit works. You are angry all the time, yelling and shouting and shaking your tiny fists of fury at everyone, and then BOOM, you wake up one day and you're skinny. And the world is right again.

Since losing 20 pounds the first month sans carbs, I've gone back to eating carbs, but I've picked up the nifty little habit of working out. And not just working out. Working out at 4:45 am every morning. Thaaaaaaaaat's right. My happy [little] ass gets up at 4:45 am to work out for an hour or so. Then I go home, scrub my ass, and get ready for work.

Needless to say, I've learned a few things on this Mission of Death:

1. DaMasta without carbs is a-no-bueno. Lack of carbs will make DaMasta snarky, irritable, and cranky. [And according to Secret Lover Boy, not so fun to live with.]

2. I can go without pooing for a whole week, and I will not die. [You would be surprised by what no carbs will do to your stomach.]

3. Diet Dr. Pepper is my new best good friend.

4. Beans have carbs. But beans also have protein. So, it's a wash.

5. Taco Bell employees get fucking confused as shit when you ask for no rice and add lettuce.

6. If I get hungry enough, I will resort to eating spoonfuls of peanut butter.

7. It costs a shit-ton of money to be on a diet. Carbs are much cheaper.

8. You know you're falling off the wagon when you start making excuses to eat carbs again. [ie: "I'm sick and my body needs the energy." or "I'm about to die and my one last wish is a burrito from Taco Bell."]

9. Working out at 4:45 am sounds like a bad idea, but it for real will give you energy during the day. At night, however, you will pass out at 6:30 pm and sleep soundly until morning.

10. I always get fatter before I get skinnier when I start a work-out routine. And I can't wait until the skinnier part.

[*This post was inspired by/stolen from Fritz. She's sexier than me. I'm her new bitch.]

My goal is 50 lbs. I've lost 25 and a half pounds as of yesterday.

9 Comments:

Blogger Sherri Sanders said...

Congratulations Damasta!!!

Friday, March 10, 2006 8:25:00 AM  
Blogger FRITZ said...

HOLEEEE SHIT.

Don't even SAY I'm sexier than you. You truly are DaMASTA! I am so proud of you. I think you struck a balance...you can HAVE some carbs (I mean,MY GOD, you're Mexican...and as far as I can tell from the pseudo-Mexican joints around here, carbs make up 98% of the cuisine). Anyway. You can HAVE carbs, but not as MANY. You can eat Taco Hell, and you'll lose. And you're gonna spank my ass in who's losing fastest, that's for DAMN sure. I'm YOUR bitch, bitch!

Also: big ups for working out at that UNGODLY hour each morning. You are fucking whack..and dedicated...and a trooper. Give yourself a clap on the back.

No, really. You inspired ME. I'm gonna work out and choose the Subway over the Wendy's today.

Ps: My downfall? Once a week, Michael and I polish off a medium pizza, double cheese, double pepperoni, and a desert of ice cream. I figure I can have this once a week and STILL lose? I'm doin' ALLLLLLLL right!

Kisses and hugs for props. You DA BOMB!

Friday, March 10, 2006 8:48:00 AM  
Blogger Stephanie said...

Yay!!!!! That is so great!!

LOL at spoonfuls of peanut butter - I do that too.

Friday, March 10, 2006 9:50:00 AM  
Blogger anika said...

Damasta! You are my absolute hero! Good on ya, girl, that's awesome that you've been able to do that.

You. Are. Amazing.

Friday, March 10, 2006 11:43:00 AM  
Blogger Crystal said...

Congrats!! That low carb shit isn't easy!

I was raised vegetarian with a bread IV inserted into my arm from birth, so I know how hard it can be to go without. The rapid results of the diet were the only reason I agreed to such torture.

I remember the day I found low carb tortillas in Kroger and humped the shelf until orgasm in front of a heard of soccer moms. Then I took my tortillas everywhere. They sure do look at you weird when you order fajitas and whip out your own tortillas in the restaurant.

6 mos later I was 45 lbs lighter & vowed never to go back.
Lessons learned:
1) Just say "fuck you" to bad relationships that make you turn to brownies for comfort.
2) Working backwards is a hell of lot harder than maintaining.
3) I will eat anything on a tortilla.

This was a very long comment.

Friday, March 10, 2006 12:58:00 PM  
Blogger DaMasta said...

Sherri - Thanks a bunch! More than half way there... that's not bad!

fritz - Shut up, you sexy whore! Yeah, I'm maintaining and still losing a little here and there. I think the working out will kick in this month. I used to have really good muscle tone, so as soon as I start working out, I usually gain a few lbs, but then slim down later on. But yeah, can you imagine a Mexican without carbs. Oh, my sweet, beloved carbs. 5am aint that bad, once you get used to working out while you're still half asleep.

snavy - I have a weakness for peanut butter. Just, don't get kinky with it. Um.. let's just say it's not a good idea.

anika - I'm only working out like this 'cause I wanna be just like you when I grow up!

madmeer - LOL. Low carb torillas taste like shit on a stick! I can't believe you ate that. Bleh. I would rather go without tortillas altogether. No shit, working backwards sucks my ass. But I got myself into this mess, and I have to hop my ass to the gym to get myself out of it. I eat cute boys wrapped in tortillas.

I like long comments.

Friday, March 10, 2006 1:49:00 PM  
Blogger LBseahag said...

way to go!!! that is a huge accomplishment...is it true that you lose inches before pounds? we are having a Biggest Loser contest at work..and it seems that you feel the difference in how the clothes fit, but then you weigh yourself, and its just three pounds...

25 lbs is a major accomplishment!

it is way too expensive to eat healthy...

Saturday, March 11, 2006 9:09:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sweet jesus, 25 lbs! That's really good! Congratulations!

Sunday, March 12, 2006 8:02:00 PM  
Blogger Spinning Girl said...

You go girl!
This almost makes me want to get my ass out of my blogging chair and go for a walk.

Almost.

Wednesday, March 15, 2006 10:59:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home