quesadillas for breakfast

Thank you to the little people who made this blog possible.

Monday, March 20, 2006

I have a hernia and I might die.

Not really. I might not die. Actually, it's pretty unlikey that I would even come close to death. But at this point, I think I would prefer death.

But, I definitely have a lump near my lady regions. Where the leg bone connects to the hip bone. Yup. Right there. Ow! It's the size of one of those rubber bouncy balls you get out of the quarter machines in restaurants or grocery stores. Except not as bouncy, and much less fun.

I noticed the pain yesterday after trekking thru the Rodeo grounds after the Gretchen Wilson concert [more on that in a future post]. Later last night, I climbed into bed and felt a nagging pain in my pelvic area. I felt around a bit, and found the offending small lump where no small lump should be.

I don't have health insurance because of some stoopid mix-up at work. But the good news is, they are going to correct that tomorrow and make the coverage retro-active as of Feb 13th. The bad news is, I will be billed for the retro-coverage which is roughly twice what it's gonna cost for two pay periods. [If you're not following what I'm saying, it doesn't matter, just know that I have health insurance now but at a great cost.]

Hopefully I can get in to see the doc later this week or maybe first thing next week. Hopefully it's just a "sports" strain and maybe won't need surgery. Hopefully, this won't cut too much into my work out routine, which as of now, has been put on hold. Hopefully, it's just a pulled groin muscle and I will be back to my normal self in a couple of weeks.

The Cuz said, "See, fluffy people shouldn't be exercising."

Who's she calling "fluffy"??

17 Comments:

Blogger lime said...

oh ouch. i am sorry to hear that. i am glad your work is at least going to make things retoractive but sorry you have to pay through the nose. hoping you are soon doing better!

Monday, March 20, 2006 8:15:00 PM  
Blogger Bsoholic said...

Oh no! Hopefully it won't be too bad.

Tuesday, March 21, 2006 6:22:00 AM  
Blogger T. Leach said...

Nice. One of my clients makes a product called an endoAnchor which they use to attach the mesh used to puch your hernia back in place. They ought to be able to do the procedure minimally invasively--if you actually need it, that is--just make sure you ask.

Tuesday, March 21, 2006 7:39:00 AM  
Blogger Stephanie said...

Nice title... kinda like I've fallen and I can't get up but new and fresh.

Hope your better real soon and that the insurance issue goes smoothly.

xoxoxo

Tuesday, March 21, 2006 7:45:00 AM  
Blogger DaMasta said...

lime - yeah, well, it was their fault I don't have health insur. it just sux that I have to pay for coverage for the past month. and now, i will have to pay for coverage that i may never use again. gah!

bs - Hopefully it's nothing more than just a strain or something. >.<

t. - Nice. That was really... uh... gross. Just the thought of someone having to "push" my hernia "back into place" just gives me the heebee jeebee's.

snav - i told The Cuz that I may have injured myself, and she said, "What? Did you fall? Did you fall and I missed it?? Why didn't you call me?" I was like.. no, i didn't fall! And if I did, I woulda been like, "Help! I've fallen and I can't get up!" LOL.

It's great that she was more worried about missing me fall than my actual injury. Sheesh!

Tuesday, March 21, 2006 8:00:00 AM  
Blogger The Village Idiot said...

I can tell I am getting old when i have a hernia..and know what it is..

Ouch..hope you get better soon

Tuesday, March 21, 2006 9:23:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Here's what sucks: if it is a hernia,the size you described, they will have to do surgery in order to mend the tear in your muscle where the intestine poked through (that's what a hernia is).

Tuesday, March 21, 2006 11:05:00 AM  
Blogger Sherri Sanders said...

Oh no! Crossing my fingers for you, hopefully it won't be so bad.

Tuesday, March 21, 2006 11:51:00 AM  
Blogger AndyT13 said...

Good luck sweets. Or should I say "Fluffy?"

Tuesday, March 21, 2006 12:58:00 PM  
Blogger DaMasta said...

idiot - Yeah, really! Now I REALLY feel old. Gah! Ow.

frustrated - greaaaaaaaaat. That's juuuuuust frickin great.

sherri - Cross your eyes and your toes, too.

andy - Gee, thanks. Maybe you should call me "lumpy" instead.

Tuesday, March 21, 2006 2:40:00 PM  
Blogger Crystal said...

You can't be hurt! You are too young! This lump can't just barge in here uninvited and interrupt your life and our lives as a result of it! I am insulted, appalled (however you spell that) and flabbergasted!

Surely they have some unobtrusive laser beam technology that can cure you. Yep, it's all in the laser beams.

I will now punch Andy and your cuz for calling you fluffy.

Tuesday, March 21, 2006 3:24:00 PM  
Blogger Spinning Girl said...

This is horrible news!
I am sending a gift immediately. Tell me where to send it.

Tuesday, March 21, 2006 9:29:00 PM  
Blogger Breazy said...

my goodness girl ! You better keep an eye on that thing and keep us updated . Good luck ! *HUGS*

Wednesday, March 22, 2006 5:41:00 AM  
Blogger DaMasta said...

madmeer - Hopefully I'm just making shit up in my head. See.. it doesn't even hur--- ow. Never mind.

spinning - If it's one of those breifs you were to hold your testicles up... fuck it, just send 'em to me. I'm emailing you my address now.

breaze - thanks! i'll keep ya'll updated. right now it just hurts and i'll have a doc appt next week.

Wednesday, March 22, 2006 9:03:00 AM  
Blogger Mr. Shife said...

That sounds painful. I hope you are feeling better.

Wednesday, March 22, 2006 3:11:00 PM  
Blogger FRITZ said...

Oooooo! I TOTALLY had that once, and it was actually from just running too much on the treadmill, and I had to stretch a lot in provacative positions, and it took a while to get back on my feet, but it probably WON'T require surgery and maybe you should stretch more before you get on the eliptical?
Coffee + Fritz=Annoying.

Thursday, March 23, 2006 4:54:00 AM  
Blogger W. C. Jack said...

I think you need to post a nude pic of your bump.
Just my opinion.... ;)

Thursday, March 23, 2006 5:38:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home