quesadillas for breakfast

Thank you to the little people who made this blog possible.

Wednesday, March 01, 2006

Feel the burn...

I went to the gym last night. I thought. I smelled. I played air drums. You'll see:

  • When I got to the gym, I climbed onto an eliptical treadmill right next to a really big smelly guy.

  • I was very amused with this guy on a stair stepper across the gym. He was clearly having a conversation with himself. He was making facial expressions and gesturing with his hands. He was even laughing to himself.

  • Despite thinking the guy talking to himself was retarded, I was still surpirsed when I started getting strange looks from smelly guy and this chick next to me when I started dancing and playing air drums to the music in my headphones.

  • I used over five thousand text-messages last month alone. I used two hundred and seventy-five picture messages. However, I only used a hundred and thirty cell phone minutes, and I still have a voicemail message that I haven't listened to.

  • I heard that James Blunt song, Beautiful, and thought about Snavy. And then I text-messaged her and told her about it. We used five text messages in two and a half minutes.

  • Snav should start paying me for all the times I link her on my blog. Please make checks payable to DaMasta. That's spelled C-A-S-H.

  • While I was at the gym, my Ex sent me the following text message: "I'm at the end of my rope trying to convince you that having me as your significant other is not a bad thing. We love each other too much to waste our time with other people. Life is too short for us not to wake up every morning thinking about and being with the only other person who accepts and loves us for who we are. You make me want to be a better man." I don't know what I think about that, but it is by far the longest fucking text-message I have ever received. It counted as four text messages.

  • When I left the gym, I smelled just like big smelly guy.

13 Comments:

Blogger lime said...

ah the joys of gyms, smelly guys, weird guys, and strange, long text messages from former flames

Wednesday, March 01, 2006 6:33:00 AM  
Blogger Sherri Sanders said...

Ewwww.... just thinking about being next to that smelly guy is grossing me out.

Wednesday, March 01, 2006 6:44:00 AM  
Blogger Bsoholic said...

5,000 text messages? That's a lot! I think I used about 0 text messages last month/year. :P

Wednesday, March 01, 2006 7:06:00 AM  
Blogger S said...

Sounds like you had an interesting time at the gym, Damasta!!

As for that text message thing, I still havent figured out how to do it. My cell phone is just a phone!

Wednesday, March 01, 2006 7:46:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I discontinued text messaging because I kept getting a charge per message horoscope that ****** me the **** off!
But that is a really long one, and I hate being next to sweaty guy!
Although being next to crazy chica playing air drums might throw me off a little at first too.

Wednesday, March 01, 2006 7:50:00 AM  
Blogger Stephanie said...

LOL @ playing the air drums!!!

And, here I thought my love was enough for all the linkage - hehe!! Cash you say??

Why am I commenting? I'll just text you....

Mwuah!

Wednesday, March 01, 2006 8:06:00 AM  
Blogger DaMasta said...

lime - and seeing nekked fat chicks in the gym locker room... bleh... :shudder:

sherri - every time he moved his arm to wipe his face, a big cloud of smellyness came towards me.

bs - d'oh! i use AOL instant messenger on my phone regularly, so most of the messages come from that!

barefoot - all the crazies come out at night, aparently. i had only been working out in the morning.. it was faaaar more interesting in the night time.

as far as my phone is concerned, i have one that opens up into a full screen and qwerty keyboard.

snavy - you know i luv you, doll! mwuah!

Wednesday, March 01, 2006 8:17:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Here's what you do. Change your phone service to the lowest number of phone minutes possible. Then, pay the extra ten bucks for unlimited text/picture messasges. Most companies have this. My wife and I have a shared plan, but we text other people lots. We usually just actually call each other, so we never go over our minutes. Just a thought. PS, you smell.

Wednesday, March 01, 2006 11:32:00 AM  
Blogger lookingbusy said...

This post inspired my to do a "news article."

Come on over and check it out!

Wednesday, March 01, 2006 12:49:00 PM  
Blogger DaMasta said...

Frustrated - You actually think I paid for all those messages? Good lord, no. I'm a lot smarter than I look. Gimme a break.

looking - Yeah, right... I'll rush right over.

Wednesday, March 01, 2006 1:25:00 PM  
Blogger AndyT13 said...

BVoytoy gets no points for the "You make me want to be a better man." Jack Nicholson quote (from As Good As It Gets). From Jack it was a compliment. From boytoy? A snowjob. Just my two bits. But what do I know? Maybe he means it. It WAS 4 text messages after all!

Wednesday, March 01, 2006 2:15:00 PM  
Blogger Spinning Girl said...

This post totally rocked. You had me falling off my chair with the last statement. YOU ROCK!

Wednesday, March 01, 2006 8:54:00 PM  
Blogger Crystal said...

There was a man in a wheelchair in the gym yesterday and I really admired him until he rolled by and his B.O. punched me in the face. Legs or no legs, these people should wear a little Speed Stick!

That was insensitive wasn't it?

Friday, March 03, 2006 5:48:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home