quesadillas for breakfast

Thank you to the little people who made this blog possible.

Saturday, March 04, 2006

Enneagram

I have nooOo idea what an Enneagram is, or was, or whatever. I found this test on Andy's site [thanks!], and it seems to be pretty damn accurate. I really like it.

Helpers are warm, concerned, nurturing, and sensitive to other people's needs.

How to Get Along with Me

*Tell me that you appreciate me. Be specific.
*Share fun times with me.
*Take an interest in my problems, though I will probably try to focus on yours.
*Let me know that I am important and special to you.
*Be gentle if you decide to criticize me.

In Intimate Relationships

*Reassure me that I am interesting to you.
*Reassure me often that you love me.
*Tell me I'm attractive and that you're glad to be seen with me.

What I Like About Being a Two

*being able to relate easily to people and to make friends
*knowing what people need and being able to make their lives better
*being generous, caring, and warm
*being sensitive to and perceptive about others' feelings
*being enthusiastic and fun-loving, and having a good sense of humor

What's Hard About Being a Two

*not being able to say no
*having low self-esteem
*feeling drained from overdoing for others
*not doing things I really like to do for myself for fear of being selfish
*criticizing myself for not feeling as loving as I think I should
*being upset that others don't tune in to me as much as I tune in to them
*working so hard to be tactful and considerate that I suppress my real feelings

Twos as Children Often

*are very sensitive to disapproval and criticism
*try hard to please their parents by being helpful and understanding
*are outwardly compliant
*are popular or try to be popular with other children
*act coy, precocious, or dramatic in order to get attention
*are clowns and jokers (the more extroverted Twos), or quiet and shy (the more introverted Twos)

Twos as Parents

*are good listeners, love their children unconditionally, and are warm and *encouraging (or suffer guilt if they aren't)
*are often playful with their children
*wonder: "Am I doing it right?" "Am I giving enough?" "Have I caused irreparable damage?"
*can become fiercely protective

4 Comments:

Blogger Stephanie said...

WOW!! I am a 2 also and was shocked at how well it describes me...

Spooky!!

Sunday, March 05, 2006 7:36:00 AM  
Blogger LBseahag said...

wow...I am a seven...and all this time I thought I was #1...


it was fairly accurate, though!

Sunday, March 05, 2006 12:31:00 PM  
Blogger Crystal said...

I am a 1. I am way too hard on myself and I definitely work too much. I need to lighten up!

Sunday, March 05, 2006 12:49:00 PM  
Blogger DaMasta said...

Snavy - Wow! You're a two, also?! I was very surprised how accuratly it described me! I'm always the 'helper', putting everyone else's needs before my own.

lbseahag - If #7 is 'kinky, but fun-loving' then yes.. it was accurate.

madmeer - Lighten up, why don'tcha.

Monday, March 06, 2006 6:06:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home