quesadillas for breakfast

Thank you to the little people who made this blog possible.

Tuesday, March 28, 2006


Boo-hoo, why me? I was all set to write this long boo-hoo-why-don't-people-choose-me-and-respect-my-time post last night, but I got caught up in blogland and never got a chance to finish it. Then, this morning during my workout, I realized that I am the one making the wrong choices here. I am the one that should choose NOT to waste a whole day off to help my mother, who in turn is going to treat me like shit and tell me that she chooses my 17 YEAR OLD sister's point of view over mine. And I should choose NOT to waste my time waiting for my long-distance love, who has already made it clear that he is NOT going to choose me should it come to that. And, I should choose to say NO to people every once in a while when I feel the need to spend my time on ME. I have to learn to set boundaries for people, or they will continue to take advantage of my generosity.

Moving tip Wow, see how we change gears like that? Keep up. The best boxes for moving your shit from one apartment to another are liquor store boxes. They are small [easy to move] and very strong [they are used to carry glass liquor bottles, duh]. Usually their shipments come in on a Tuesday or Wednesday, and they are more than happy to let you haul off as many as you can fit into yer tiny little [Fuckus].

Correction: I DON'T have a hernia and I'm NOT going to die I went to the doc yesterday and she told me Paco [that's what I named my 'hernia'] is really just a lymph node that is slighty irritated. You see, if you have an infection in your body, such as a cold or some other random illness, sometimes instead of getting sick, your lymph nodes are simply inflamed. Hopefully, this expensive ass prescription will do the trick. If not, she wants to see me back in her office to poke Paco a bit more.

Shark vacuums suck I mean, they DON'T suck, that's the problem. I bought a little piece of shit Shark stick vac, and it only lasted six months. WTF?! I need another vacuum, but I've been everywhere looking for a new one, and now I'm completely confused. Please! help me and tell me what kind to buy. I'm looking for something small and pretty inexpensive, but IT MUST SUCK. Keep in mind that I live in a small one-bedroom, and I don't need a fucking Dyson.

16 Comments:

Blogger Breazy said...

boxes that a case of girl scout cookies come in handy as well . They are sturdy , small and perfect to pack cd's , little fragile nick nacks and so on . When are you moving ? I didn't know anything about it . I am REALLY glad to hear that you don't have a hernia . Just remember to keep us updated ! *HUGS*

Tuesday, March 28, 2006 9:26:00 AM  
Blogger DaMasta said...

Breaze - I'm not moving, but The Cuz is, and since I *ahem* volunteered to help her move, I told her she'd bettah get the best damn moving boxes out there.

Tuesday, March 28, 2006 9:55:00 AM  
Blogger The Village Idiot said...

and here i was gonna suggest a dyson cuz it always sucks..oh well

Tuesday, March 28, 2006 9:59:00 AM  
Blogger DaMasta said...

That's ok, Idiot, I knew someone would try to recommend one of those.

Dyson is like the Microsoft of vacuum cleaners. I'm SURE there's another brand that sucks.

Tuesday, March 28, 2006 11:04:00 AM  
Blogger Mr. Shife said...

Mrs. Shife have a dirt devil that has lasted us awhile. It is one of those bagless kinds and the fat basset has not defeated it yet in more than 3 years.
And I hope your new mantra is successful. Sometimes you just have to look out for yourself.

Tuesday, March 28, 2006 12:42:00 PM  
Blogger Sherri Sanders said...

Eureka - the boss

Best vaccuum I've ever owned, it's been through hell and still runs. I've worn the bristles down to nubs and it still runs.

I'm glad to hear paco is not life threatening. :D

Tuesday, March 28, 2006 12:50:00 PM  
Blogger DaMasta said...

WOW. There's actually a website called thesevacuumssuck.com

Thanks for the advise, Shifey. Aparently, simple pieces of lent conquered MY stoopid shark vacuum.

Sherri - Paco has worn out his welcome. I worked out today, and he is still bothering me. Hopefully he will go back home soon. Also, I'm checking out the Eurekas now. Thanks.

Tuesday, March 28, 2006 12:59:00 PM  
Blogger lime said...

good for you in your revelation. as for boxes. office paper boxes are good too. so are proiduce boxes from grocery stores....that is if they are willing to save them and not smash them to bits.

i am glad paco is nothing too terribly serious and hope that expensive ass rx does the trick. last month i spent $250 on oral antibiotics and ear drops for a limelette. she's totally worth it but i was cussing the damn drug company under my breath (ok, not under my breath)for making me have to choose between meds and food for crying out loud.

as for sucky vacuums i dunno. i have an expensive rainbow my mother got me second hand. it sucks but it's way expensive. oh, and everyone in the house hates it except me.

Tuesday, March 28, 2006 2:35:00 PM  
Blogger Spinning Girl said...

Lovin' this post, especially the first paragraph. It's awesome to get to a point where you can choose only what is best for you.
Yay you!

Tuesday, March 28, 2006 7:47:00 PM  
Blogger Stephanie said...

Yay!!! You're not gonna die!!

Can I still have the butterfly necklace???

I'm sorry your vacuum cleaner doesn't suck - that really sucks!!

I had a quesadilla for dinner - I thought of you and I smiled!!! Mwuah!!

Tuesday, March 28, 2006 8:24:00 PM  
Blogger FRITZ said...

You are too funny. One: forget your mom and sister. They are buttheads. Take care of you.
Two: if long-lost lover boy can't own up to how cool you are, then fuck him.

Three: Kirby's suck deliciously. We have a wee two bedroom, but I still enjoy the monstrous sucking power of Kirby. And I want a Dyson. But I mean...c'mon.

It's a fucking Vacuum.

Wednesday, March 29, 2006 4:14:00 AM  
Blogger Crystal said...

Did you pick up a few alcoholics with your boxes? They make the best movers because they'll work for beer and pizza.

Aww...Paco. I like it, but I like even more that he is a temporary house guest. You must have put out the good towels for him. Bad house guests always stay too long if you let them use the good towels.

Don't get a Bissell. They definitely DO NOT suck. They also don't bounce back very well after you accidentally run over a sneaker. I'm very disappointed.

Wednesday, March 29, 2006 7:01:00 AM  
Blogger Bsoholic said...

You named your (not) hernia? LOLOLOL!!!

Wednesday, March 29, 2006 7:05:00 AM  
Blogger lookingbusy said...

Go to Target or Walmart, buy the cheapest damn vaccuum you can find, don't get dirt and crap all over your carpet. Done.

Sometimes the home improvement stores like Lowe's or Home Depot (haha you don't have Menard's there, sucka!) will have good deals on shit like that too.

Bottom line: do it on the cheap.

Wednesday, March 29, 2006 10:35:00 AM  
Blogger DaMasta said...

lime - Oh, the office paper boxes are good, too. So hard to find, though. Luckily I have an awesome doc and she called in a less expensive rx yesterday.

spinning - Well, now that I've REALIZED what I have to do.. here comes the hard part. Actually doing it.

snavy - No. And it was a butterfly ring, not a butterfly necklace. ;) And, awww.. you thought of me! How great!

fritz - Thanks, sweetie. I'm seriously looking at a Kirby, and I hope I can get a decent one with the money I've saved for it.

Madmeer - Acutally, yes I did! I always hire my loser buddies and their alcoholic friends. Cheap labor. Paco has definitely overstayed his welcome. And now, he gets all whiney and irritated when I work out. Gah!

Bsoholic - Shaddup! ;)

looking - Yeah, I'm trying to do it cheap, but the fact is, I'm pretty messy, so I'm gonna need a vacuum with sucking power.

Wednesday, March 29, 2006 1:27:00 PM  
Blogger Spinning Girl said...

You are so cute when you are all worked up.

Friday, March 31, 2006 11:55:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home