quesadillas for breakfast

Thank you to the little people who made this blog possible.

Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Valentine's Day: 2006

I wrote this last month one night while thinking of him. It seems we have just met, yet he has very quickly become one of the greatest people I've ever known. We make each other very happy, but from afar. I can't tell him enough how much he means to me. I am the happiest I've been in a very long time. And he's the reason.

He's read this poem already, but this is the first time anyone else has seen it.

It is currently untitled.
















He brushed the hair from my face, and I quivered.

I breathed his name.
He whispered our fate.

I held his hand, and he promised to never leave. He wished to live by the ocean and watch me glisten every day.

Every hour of our lives would be the best hour ever lived.

He saw his love for me and my love for him looking back in my eyes.

I spoke softly while he slept. He dreamt of us, and of still air, and of never-ending nights.



We met the day before forever.



He makes me soft. I keep him warm.
We're lost in a place that we've made all our own.

I've seen his face before, but we've never met. Our friends adore him, but there's something more familiar that no one's ever seen. There's something about him that brings me home.

It's him. Him alone. All of him.

And he isn't even mine.
And we've never even met.

6 Comments:

Blogger Stephanie said...

Aaaawwww sweetie - that was beautiful !!

XOXOXO

Tuesday, February 14, 2006 7:09:00 AM  
Blogger AndyT13 said...

Nice! :-)

Tuesday, February 14, 2006 8:37:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have a fucking toothache. Thanks.

Tuesday, February 14, 2006 8:42:00 AM  
Blogger Mr. Shife said...

Very nice.
You are not talking about T. Leach are you?

Tuesday, February 14, 2006 10:10:00 AM  
Blogger S said...

Very lovely!

Tuesday, February 14, 2006 10:37:00 AM  
Blogger Breazy said...

Awwww that was beautiful ! Happy Valentines Day !

Tuesday, February 14, 2006 10:43:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home