quesadillas for breakfast

Thank you to the little people who made this blog possible.

Monday, February 20, 2006

Going down the only road I've ever known..

*looks around* Wow. This shit looks familiar. Like I've been here before. Like I've been here every fucking day of my life. Ok, not that often, but often enough. Every damn time I think I'm ammuned to it. But it taunts me; it looks so alluring. With its promises of good times and lust ever-lasting. I can't believe I fell for that shit again. Lol... I must be a hell of a lot dumber than I thought.

The following is my journal entry from last night.

I have no idea why I let myself fall into the same fucking love patterns again and again. Maybe I've done so much wrong in my life that Karma is kicking my ass all the way to the grave.

It seems like I let myself fall for the most amazingly kind-hearted, emotionally unavailable men I can find. Sure, assholes and deadbeats flock to my door by the thousands, but what's worse than putting my heart and hope on the line for someone who never intends to be with me?

It is a bitter-sweet connection that has occupied my life for the past couple of months. [And yes, he's probably reading this post right now!]

He's my match. He has all the qualities I've hoped to find. He's kind, funny, incredibly attrative and he finds my sense of humor and personality endearing. All wonderful qualities to possess. All except one. He's attached. Not married, but damn near close enough. And once again, I have fallen for someone who is completely out of my reach.

The physical distance isn't even my main concern, either. He lives in a different state, and it's not all that far away - but there might as well be an ocean between us. An ocean full of complications and consequences. An ocean full of what-ifs and never-will-bes. Sadly, it's a place with which I'm all too familiar.

For those of you unfamiliar, it's a place filled with false hope, disaster, self-doubt, and the most amazing love I've ever felt. One minute I'm floating on a bed of clouds and the next I've fallen into the same fucking self-destructing behavior I've grown accustomed to. But this man in particular has made me the happiest I've been in a fucking long time. Probably ever. Yes, the happiest ever. [And, by the way, why do we always try to convince ourselves that this man, this time, it's different. This situation is different. This time it will work out. Aren't we just setting ourselves up for disappointment?]

And this time down the lane of unfullfilled love stories, I know myself and I am completely aware of what is happening.

In this age of self-indulgence and instant gratification, I've allowed myself to sit back and watch my heart submurse itself into something I know it can't handle. I know this is going to hurt. And I know I'll be the one left empty-handed at the end of the night. I know he'll end up marrying her for fear of being alone, and I'll be left picking up my own fucking pieces. Again. A-fucking-gain. And I'll be the one saying 'I told you so' to myself. And I'll be the one settling for someone else within my reach. Always wondering what-if.

Is it fair to ask him to be with me instead of her? Of course not. It feels right, but it's not. Why do I always fucking put myself in these impossible situations? I know I can't win. But, dammit, I try. There's nothing to be gained by going thru the heartache. He won't leave her, and he has no intention of being with me. He won't say it out loud, but he doesn't even consider it a possibility.

It's just a reminder that I can't be the person I think I am. A person who knows when to stop at the line and to never cross it. However tempting and absolutely perfect the other side might seem.

I can feel a heart-break coming on. It won't be long now.

15 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh babe,
so sorry.
Just remember,
you're good enough,
you've smart enough,
and darn it, people like you!

Monday, February 20, 2006 9:02:00 AM  
Blogger LBseahag said...

Choosing the wrong guy is a viscious cycle you need to break...
it's tough...usually most people with this problem are co-dependent and choose needy people with little self-confidence...

lots of therapy helped me! I broke my cycle two years ago when i finally had enough of getting shit on....

keeping a journal is smart too!

Was this me, being all sincere and heart-felt? wtf?
oh well....me wuvz ya!

Monday, February 20, 2006 9:04:00 AM  
Blogger lime said...

awww damasta....hugs to you, hon

Monday, February 20, 2006 9:22:00 AM  
Blogger DaMasta said...

LOL, thanks logo! Don't be sorry, though. It's my own damn fault, right?! Gaah.

Lbseahag - I hear ya, girl. It's either go for the needy, loser types or for the amazing unavailable types. Take yer pick, right? But, I swear, this guy is so right! Just one little hitch! But that's all it takes, right? One minor detail, like he has a gf, and it ruins the whole damn situation. Gaaaaah! It's true, though, keeping a journal and/or blog and/or both [in my case] help out a great deal! You really keep track of your own patterns and you start to realize...hey... I've gone thru this shit before. You start to learn from your previous mistakes because now you can't deny they exist. They are right there, in black and white, and they can't be erased.

Monday, February 20, 2006 9:30:00 AM  
Blogger DaMasta said...

Aw, Lime, thanks sweetie! I'll take a hug anyday!

Monday, February 20, 2006 9:36:00 AM  
Blogger PJ said...

Half the fun is the drama we put ourselves through. Or something like that...

Just don't let it jade you to the point of not letting yourself get involved with others...I almost fell into that trap.

It sucks, but the highs more than make up for the lows.

Monday, February 20, 2006 9:49:00 AM  
Blogger DaMasta said...

My thoughts exactly, Pizz. As stoopid as I feel, I think it's always a good sign that I can still poke fun at myself. I think I over dramatize things, too.. which always makes for a good time! LOL... but I absolutely agree with you about not closing yourself off to other people. I whole-heartedly believe in that, and I am pretty sure that I do a darn good job of preventing that. Like I've said in my earlier posts, I like to travel light... the less baggage, the better... it helps me stay positive and ultimately helps me learn to move on when needed!

Monday, February 20, 2006 10:07:00 AM  
Blogger Shanshu said...

Sounds like Cupid didn't do you right this month, chica. I'll be sure to let Omi the Office Ninja know...he'll grab that little cherub-wannabe by the wings and do some Wu Dai warrior punk moves!

Boom.

Monday, February 20, 2006 10:13:00 AM  
Blogger DaMasta said...

LMAO @ Boom.

Oh, Cupid DID me alright. Not all was lost. LOL... But yeah, I wasn't able to spend Vday with the one I wanted to. Does Omi have a gf? Who am I kidding... of course he does... all the good ninjas are taken.

Monday, February 20, 2006 10:26:00 AM  
Blogger Breazy said...

Hey girl ! I only have a few minutes but I wanted to let you know that if you need an ear to talk to you can have mine or rather it would be my eyes as we IM each other back and forth but still yet feel free to buzz me . I have been in this situation before and I know how you are feeling ! Lots of love to ya ! HUGS

Monday, February 20, 2006 11:24:00 AM  
Blogger LBseahag said...

yupper...you are on the right track...
and my rule of thumb is this:
(since you like older guys)

murphy's law- unmarried men over 30 have commitment issues, and divorced men over 30 are unfaithful failures...i would say try a widow, but then you might date Scott Peterson or Neil Entwistle...

Speaking of Neil Entwistle, i think he is fricking delish!!! his eyes scare me...i was on CNN and i swear he looked down my shirt...

Monday, February 20, 2006 12:14:00 PM  
Blogger Spinning Girl said...

Wait, did I write this?

I am pretty sure I wrote this.

Cuz it sounds like me!

Time & distance will cure you; suddenly one day the heartache will lift.

but you have to work at it.

Bummer. I feel ya.

No seriously ... I feel ya. You're still lying on me from this morning!

Kiss kiss (I'm hetero, in case that gets your hopes up or something)

I heart you though. I do.

Monday, February 20, 2006 6:58:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Feeling pain helps to remind you that you can feel something other than blind love.

That's my pearl necklace of wisdom for you.

Tuesday, February 21, 2006 6:58:00 AM  
Blogger DaMasta said...

lbseahag - I like his hair. He has bouncy hair. Me likey.

Spinning - I'm so glad we are blogfriends. You get me and I get you [and feel you up]. The heart ache hasn't even begun! I'm still smitten! I need the smittenness to go away before the heartache comes full force! Gaah!

Bridge - True dat! I guess that's why they say it's easier said than done!

Think - I like how you put that. Made complete sense to me. Thanks!

Tuesday, February 21, 2006 9:04:00 AM  
Blogger Stephanie said...

Aaaawww hon.... I know what this feels like.

Hugs...

If you need to vent, I'm here.

Tuesday, February 21, 2006 10:46:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home