quesadillas for breakfast

Thank you to the little people who made this blog possible.

Thursday, January 26, 2006

We Met**




She didn't know me and I didn't know her, but she had been there before.

Of course, so had I.

I held her in my palm and asked, "What is your name?"

"Chibby Chibberson", she answered, "Where are we going?"

"You are home, " I said.

"Much better, " she replied, and sat down on the bed.

"Don't chew up my sheets, " I warned her.

"I can't help it," she replied, "I'm a rat."

"Well, then don't go putting teeth marks on my cell phone, " I warned.

"I can't help it, " she explained, "I'm a rat."

"Please, oh, please Chibby... don't lick me, or sit near me, or miss me when I'm gone, " I pleaded.

She slowly blinked her tiny eyes, and sighed, "I can't help it", she told me, "I'm your friend."

She continued, "I have just met you, and I already know you. You carried me here, and I will never need to be rescued again. I cannot show enough appreciation to you for the life you are about to give me. You are my friend, and I cannot help but love you."

**This story is dedicated to Snavylyn. We all miss you and love you dearly.**

6 Comments:

Blogger Bsoholic said...

Awwww! That's so sweet!

Thursday, January 26, 2006 2:03:00 PM  
Blogger Stephanie said...

Aaawwwww sweetie - thank you so much!!

Dammit now I'm crying again - but these are happy tears!!

Love you too!!

Thursday, January 26, 2006 2:14:00 PM  
Blogger Mr. Shife said...

There sure is a lot of sweetness going on in here.

Thursday, January 26, 2006 5:54:00 PM  
Blogger Breazy said...

awwww how sweet !

Thursday, January 26, 2006 8:09:00 PM  
Blogger lime said...

lovely story

Friday, January 27, 2006 10:56:00 AM  
Blogger Thomcat said...

i never met a thing named chibber that i didn't like ... i think

Friday, January 27, 2006 2:46:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home