quesadillas for breakfast

Thank you to the little people who made this blog possible.

Friday, January 27, 2006

Como?!

In high school I made it to Honors Spanish II and graduated with Hispanic Honors Society ribbons.

At the University of Texas, I tested out of 5 hours of Spanish courses with a 4.0, and during my three years there, took 6 semesters of Spanish courses and almost studied abroad.

At the University of Houston, I took one Conversational Spanish course where we had to stand in front of the classroom everyday and give a three to five minute speech all in Spanish and I freaked out and dropped the class.

I'm not fluent in Spanish. And if I don't know a word, I make one up.

13 cosas que te gustan:

  1. Mac and Cheese
  2. Blogging
  3. My fuzzy shoes that look like slippers
  4. Boys
  5. Driving fast
  6. Text messaging
  7. Picture messaging
  8. Winning money
  9. Raises
  10. The beach
  11. Getting presents on days that aren't my birthdays.
  12. New office supplies
  13. Getting wet

12 películas buenas:

  1. Pretty Woman
  2. So I Married An Axe Murderer
  3. Chicago
  4. The Wedding Planner
  5. Moulin Rouge
  6. A League of Her Own
  7. The Godfather [Parts One thru Twenty]
  8. Star Wars [Parts One thru Thirty-Two]
  9. Office Space
  10. The Audition [Korean horror film]
  11. The Little Mermaid
  12. Fun with Dick and Jane

11 buenas bandas musicales/cantantes:

  1. Black Eyed Peas
  2. NSYNC
  3. Barenaked Ladies
  4. The Pulp Fiction Soundtrack
  5. The 50 First Dates Soundtrack
  6. Gipsy Kings
  7. Billie Holiday
  8. Norah Jones
  9. Brooks and Dunn
  10. Marshall Mathers
  11. Bowling for Soup

10 curiosidades sobre ti, físicamente:

  1. All my curls don't curl the same way
  2. I have really short eyelashes
  3. I look like a hoodrat and/or Gwen Stefani when I wear dark red lipstick
  4. Once I got a perm and I think my hair exploded
  5. My left foot is bigger than my right foot
  6. Most Mexican girls are hairy on their arms, but I'm not
  7. I'm not coordinated enough to blow dry my own hair straight
  8. I lose my balance all the time
  9. My eyes are very small, some say beady
  10. I can touch my chin with my tongue

9 cosas que te molestan:

  1. Stoopid people
  2. Grilled salmon
  3. Celebrities who think they can ice skate
  4. The stoopid medical supply company who sold Tom Cruise an ultrasound machine
  5. Evil spawn
  6. Camping [well, I don't particularly care for the outdoors in general]
  7. The Houston Texans
  8. David Hasselhoff groupies [sorry, Mr. Shife]
  9. Colonoscopies

8 comidas o bebidas favoritas:

  1. Burrito Supremes
  2. Chicken Ceasar Salads
  3. Diet Dr Pepper
  4. Peppermint Patties
  5. Cute Boys
  6. Cream Gravy
  7. Smashed Potatoes covered in #6
  8. Candy Corn

7 cosas que vayas a donde vayas, siempre llevas contigo:

  1. My celly
  2. My rolly bling
  3. My regular bling
  4. My cash-ola
  5. My purse-o-crap
  6. My rings
  7. My sharp tongue

6 tipos de música que particularmente te gusten:

  1. Salsa
  2. Jazz
  3. Pop [like Mr. JT]
  4. Rock
  5. Christmas Songs
  6. 80s

5 tipos de musica que particularmente te desagradan:

  1. Oldies Rock [gross]
  2. Showtunes [they are gay. not that there's anything wrong with that.]
  3. Humming [if you don't know the words, Shut The Fuck Up]
  4. Gangsta Rap
  5. Kenny G [even though I still have a cd of his]

4 programas de tv que ves actualmente:

  1. Dancing with Celebrites
  2. Beauty and the Geek
  3. Friends
  4. Gray's Anatomy

3 famosos por los que podrías enloquecer:

[Ok, this one stumped me. It either means 3 celebrities that make you crazy [in a bad way], or 3 celebrities that make you crazy [in a good way]. So, I choose IN A BAD WAY.]

  1. Tom Cruise and his friend Oprah
  2. Christopher Walken
  3. E.T.

2 substances that you consume at the moment:

[huh? why is this one in English? whatever.]

  1. Diet Dr Pepper
  2. M&Ms [oops]

1 secreto que quieras confesar:

  1. I heart one of my blog readers.

19 Comments:

Blogger Thomcat said...

may buen!

or as we say

veryo goodo!

hehe

Friday, January 27, 2006 2:45:00 PM  
Blogger DaMasta said...

Gracias por leyendo mi Blog, Tomas!

Friday, January 27, 2006 3:00:00 PM  
Blogger Thomcat said...

do noto mentionio ito damastiao

Friday, January 27, 2006 3:01:00 PM  
Blogger Bsoholic said...

Eso es realmente bueno. ¡Blog en mi hermana!

Friday, January 27, 2006 3:10:00 PM  
Blogger Thomcat said...

el guacamole, chimichanga taco enchilada nachos

Friday, January 27, 2006 3:24:00 PM  
Blogger anika said...

It's me, right? You heart MEEEEEEEEE!

Friday, January 27, 2006 3:50:00 PM  
Blogger anika said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

Friday, January 27, 2006 3:50:00 PM  
Blogger LBseahag said...

I'm mexican/spanish and I can't understand a word you said...

the hoodrat look is hot...

Saturday, January 28, 2006 10:27:00 AM  
Blogger DaMasta said...

bsoholic - Gracias, b. Hasta la maleka, my brother.

thomcat - chili con queso.

anika - Esta bien. Tu puedes repetando que te digas. Si, mi amor, te quiero mucho!

lbseahag - tu tambien.

Saturday, January 28, 2006 5:31:00 PM  
Blogger Mr. Shife said...

Hoff groupies???
El hearto el broko.

Sunday, January 29, 2006 9:49:00 AM  
Blogger lookingbusy said...

Todos en la pagina de comentarios son idiotas. Por que usan palabras como "mentionio" y "el broko"? Muy estupido.

Yo estudie espanol en la escuela por tres anos pero quando yo lo hablo, necesito mucho tiempo para pensar y a veces necesito el babelfish. :)

Hasta luego.

Word verification: ffshbnn - MMMMMM fish buns .... :)~

Sunday, January 29, 2006 12:22:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's not me, is it?
It's probably Ariella, that bitch!

word veri~hdhlmqqm
wtf?

Sunday, January 29, 2006 5:24:00 PM  
Blogger Spinning Girl said...

Ah, muy bien. Ahora, vamos a la playa.

Sunday, January 29, 2006 5:38:00 PM  
Blogger DaMasta said...

Mr. Shife - Lo siento, Shifey, pero Senor Hoff es muy gay.

looking - Yo comprendo completamente! Pero "quando" es escribe como "cuando".

Logo - Areilla isn't a bitch. Wait.. um.. yeah, she IS, isn't she? Oh, well, it's not her.

Spinning - Yo vaya a la playa este fin de semana pasada tambien! Muy divertido!

Monday, January 30, 2006 6:02:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I took up to Spanish II in High School, and I do ok with understanding Spanish, but I just can't really speak it.

Why did you tell everyone that you heart me? I'm so embarassed!

(PS...I love how when you say "hate" or "dislike" in Spanish, it looks like it should be "to molest.")

Monday, January 30, 2006 7:42:00 AM  
Blogger lookingbusy said...

No fui a la playa. Hizo frio! Los lagos son congelados. En marzo, mi familia y yo iremos a Florida y entonces iremos a la playa de Fort Myers.

Monday, January 30, 2006 8:41:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I took two years of Spanish and can speak enough to sound like I know what I am ordering in a Mexican restaurant.

But I will make up words that I don't know too - just adding an end on.

Of course, the only "person" I ever speak Spanish to is my dog. I always ask her "Donde esta el Toy-o?"

I have no idea why I ask her where her toy is in Spanish, especially since I can't even remember the word for "toy" - it's just one of those things I do.

Tuesday, January 31, 2006 2:02:00 PM  
Blogger AndyT13 said...

Wow this post is so weird since I hadn't read it before we had that long convo in Spanish last night. Cool! So, I know I'm dreaming (pinch me) but is it ME you heart? Hunh? Hunh? Is it?

Wednesday, February 01, 2006 8:31:00 AM  
Blogger lookingbusy said...

"My eyes are very small, some say beady"

Hence the rats.

Wednesday, February 01, 2006 3:30:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home