quesadillas for breakfast

Thank you to the little people who made this blog possible.

Sunday, December 18, 2005

What in NO-CARB-DIETS is going on around here?

It's Day Seven, and I'm pissed. Meat, lettuce, eggs, and bacon. I can't [and won't] begin to tell you what's happening inside my belly. Something's amiss, that's for sure.

I've never eaten as much meat in my entire life as I've eaten in the last six days. You know what hell tastes like? Tacos with no tortillas.

And my mood is going down the slippery slope of diet frenzy. I started out hopeful and optimistic. Then I became concerned and doubtful. Now, I'm just plain pissed.

Damn you Taco Bell lady for not giving me extra steak even though I didn't get beans or rice in my Steak Bowl. Damn you Cuz for making your husband enchiladas while we had weiners with cheese. Damn you Secret Lover Boy for pointing out how snappy I am lately and further suggesting that I need to eat carbs to be happy again. Darn you Grandma [I can't say Damn to my grandma] for changing the subject when I asked if it looked like I had lost any weight yet. Damn you burger joint order taker lady for looking at me funny when I asked for no buns on my burger. Damn you mom for suggesting that I scrap this whole diet idea. Damn you holidays for falling right in the middle of my diet experiment. Damn you vendors at work for bringing baskets and barrels and trays and baskets and trays of cookies and candy and shit I can't eat.

All in all, it's been a shitty weekend.

9 Comments:

Blogger Sherri Sanders said...

Hang in there! It'll be worth it.

Sunday, December 18, 2005 3:31:00 PM  
Blogger DaMasta said...

I just hope I don't kill anyone.

Sunday, December 18, 2005 5:06:00 PM  
Blogger Breazy said...

I agree with Sherri and I have been in the same situation as you are in now . I joined LA Weight Loss like 3 yrs ago and the first 8 days I was like a damn drug addict going through withdrawals . Seriously , my head hurt , I was exhausted , I was weak and tired , I didn't like anyone , including myself and then on day 9 I woke up with a different attitude because I felt better . It won't take you long til the foods you use to eat might make your stomach a bit swirly twirly when you smell them . Just hang in there girl !

Monday, December 19, 2005 1:24:00 AM  
Blogger lookingbusy said...

Nah, low/no carb? I don't get it. That diet doesn't make sense.

Better get some Zocor, 'cuz your cholesterol levels are going to shoot through the roof.

Oh, good luck though.

Monday, December 19, 2005 7:36:00 AM  
Blogger Bsoholic said...

On edge are we? Hang in there!

Monday, December 19, 2005 7:43:00 AM  
Blogger DaMasta said...

It doesn't make sense to me, either. One more week, though, and I will start eating whole grains, wheat, and oats. We'll see who loses weight faster, me or the cuz.

Monday, December 19, 2005 7:43:00 AM  
Blogger lookingbusy said...

What is this some kind of roller coaster diet?

Monday, December 19, 2005 11:27:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

E, this no-carb stuff doesn't work (unless your goal is pissing yourself off). Sure, I cut back on carbs (especially the liquid form) and added some more protein to my diet, but I think the main reason my weight's down is my new lunchtime routine: I walk the same 3-mile loop at work in 50 minutes or so every day. Went from 180 to 170 in two weeks, wearing 32" pants again, etc. Goal is to get back to what my driver's license says I weigh (oh, and to be able to zip up my Vansons without having to first expel every molecule of air in my lungs)

Monday, December 19, 2005 11:27:00 AM  
Blogger LBseahag said...

HHHAAAAA!!!

I laughed so hard I almost threw up my bagel...

Monday, December 19, 2005 12:09:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home