quesadillas for breakfast

Thank you to the little people who made this blog possible.

Wednesday, December 14, 2005

Today's Cafeteria Menu:
Meat on a Stick
Side Order of Chicken
Lettuce

This is Day Three of the new carb-less DaMasta. The Cuz had the bright idea of starting a carb-less diet. I told her I would support her and try to do it also. Hey, I could stand to lose some LBs, right? So, the first rule of starting a diet is starting after the holidays. So much for that frickin' idea.

So, if you don't know what has carbs and what doesn't, let's look at it this way: whatever you eat - has carbs, whatever you don't eat - doesn't. I can't have any bread. No cereal. No fruit. No pasta. No smashed potatoes [I will miss these the most]. No tortillas [which makes it extremely hard to have a quesadilla]. No beans [which makes it even harder to be Mexican]. No rice. No juice. No ---

This could go on forever. And the hardest part about being on a diet, is remembering you're on one. Everything I reach for is forbidden. All my meals have been altered. Yesterday, for example, I had chicken salad with a side of chicken soup. For dinner, I had meat with lettuce. And at the end of day two with no carbs, I was weak and incoherent.

I can already tell this diet is going to be fun.

Today is also Office Supply Wednesday, ya'll.



This is my new and improved Ion Heater Thing-a-ma-jigger. They brought it to me on Friday. It goes up to 85 degrees. It even has a remote. This thing will rotisserize you. It has six heat settings, rotates or stands still, and has a timer.

This morning, I drove into work with my A/C on.

By the way, does anyone else see a fire hazzard when they look at this picture? [I'm not talking about the Ion Heater.]








My stoooopid singing mouse.


And don't think I won't slap the shit out of you if you make it sing while it's on my desk.

12 Comments:

Blogger Thomcat said...

carb free diet is pretty restrictive ... but can you do a gluten free diet ? hmmm ?

Wednesday, December 14, 2005 9:15:00 AM  
Blogger DaMasta said...

oh, heck no. i don't think i could.

i can barely do this damn diet.

diet = die now!

Wednesday, December 14, 2005 9:18:00 AM  
Blogger Bsoholic said...

Yeah, I was going to say something about the wiring in that picture. Quite the tangled mess!

Good luck with the diet.

Wednesday, December 14, 2005 9:23:00 AM  
Blogger Stephanie said...

Yeah - I did the whole South Beach Diet a while back. I couldn't think and was in bed by like 9pm every night. I did loose 9 lbs in 2 weeks though.

Wednesday, December 14, 2005 10:10:00 AM  
Blogger Breazy said...

good luck on the diet girl ! I do see fire hazzard everywhere in that picture . Cute singing mouse !

Wednesday, December 14, 2005 11:40:00 AM  
Blogger anika said...

I don't think it's possible for me to do a carb-free diet. I just like bread too much. And fruit. And mashed potatoes ...

Wednesday, December 14, 2005 1:18:00 PM  
Blogger Mr. Shife said...

Right now I am on steady diet of Vitamin C. A lot of good benefits. Let's see diarrhea, gas, and I think I am starting to hallucinate.

Wednesday, December 14, 2005 1:36:00 PM  
Blogger DaMasta said...

Snav, I'm sooo frickin tired right now. I can't think straight, and I think I just fell asleep for 45 seconds with my eyes open.

Breaze, I actually looove my singing mouse. Just not when I'm awake.

Anika, I feel ya sistah! I am a carb lover. Call me Carbie Carberson!

Mr. Shife, I'm waaaay ahead of you. I can't think straight. I can't speak properly. I'm light-headed 80 percent of the day. The rest of the day, I'm just hungry and tired.

Wednesday, December 14, 2005 2:01:00 PM  
Blogger S said...

Hey Damasta, if you just eat cardboard, you ought to be ok! :P

Wednesday, December 14, 2005 11:16:00 PM  
Blogger LBseahag said...

screw not eating carbs...they keep the breastuses full...

Thursday, December 15, 2005 12:45:00 PM  
Blogger The Zombieslayer said...

Uh oh. I just posted last week how much I hated carb-less diets. Be careful, people have had their kidneys destroyed on carb-less diets.

Thursday, December 15, 2005 10:28:00 PM  
Blogger FU said...

low carb atkins is the best.. i lost a bajillion pounds on it and my energy went thru the roof... from what i'm reading.. i don't think ur eating rite.. u can eat as much as u want until ur full... just no simple sugars... and no/low carbs for the first two weeks.. afer that u can incorporate complex carbs back in ur diet...slowly...

i love the lifestle... i went off it for a while and got really sick and unhealthy... ive only been back on for a few days and i feel fantasitc :)

let me know if u need anymore help/advice.

fu

Friday, December 16, 2005 10:54:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home