quesadillas for breakfast

Thank you to the little people who made this blog possible.

Friday, December 30, 2005

Everyone is doing New Year resolutions. I, on the other hand, am taking a look at the year past. Every year-end I like to take stock of what I’ve accomplished. What went right. And what I improved on. Sort of miniature pats on my back for a year well done. Here’s what I’ve come up with:

-After giving up my sweet apartment in Clear Lake, my new SUV, and my kick ass salary, I went back to school to be a medical technician.


-After failing out of community college med-tech courses due to boredom, I landed my current job as a receptionist paying a third of the salary and living in a not-so-great part of town.


-This might seem like a step back, but it ended up being a blessing in disguise.


-I quickly realized that I love my job, I have a brand new car [albeit a Fuckus], and a studly guy to make out with on occasion.


-I partied a little too much during the summer, hung out with drunks and weirdos, but still ended up excelling at my job and getting hired on permanently and getting a raise!


-My Cuz got hired on permanently at the same company I work for, and she has become my best good friend. She is soo funny and wise and gives me the best advice.


-I lost Quesa, but at least I gave her a great life and now I have Chibby, a teenager rat that I rescued from Petsmart [the original owner brought her back and no one would take her home cause she wasn’t a baby rat anymore].


-Gas prices have gone down considerably and I survived a hurricane. AND a hurrication.


-My mother is the evil spawn of Satan, but at least I don’t live at home anymore! W00t.


-I have complete control of my finances, and I’m doing pretty great with that. [In past years, my bipolar symptoms would prevent me from taking control in a lot of aspects of my life]


-Speaking of bipolar, I don’t think I’ve had more than one episode this year, and that’s a great thing!! Yay for me. And, I didn’t even take any pills for it this year. Not a one.


-I started a blog in August, and now I have a whole mess of very great imaginary blog friends. Yay for you guys!


-This year has been great, and I would live it over and over again if I could. A lot of lessons learned and a lot of wonderful outcomes!

6 Comments:

Blogger Mr. Shife said...

Well I am glad you had a good year and I hope 2006 is even better. And I am really glad our paths crossed out here in bloggoland. Take care and have a Happy New Year.

Saturday, December 31, 2005 12:35:00 AM  
Blogger lime said...

wonderful! may 2006 be even better! happy new year damasta!

Saturday, December 31, 2005 6:33:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey thanks bridg . . . I think ;)

I sure am glad we shared some blog love shifey

Thanks limey wuv u

Saturday, December 31, 2005 1:08:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Rock on, girly girl!
2006 is gonna be great too, even better!
Happy New Year Damasta and Chibby!

Saturday, December 31, 2005 5:51:00 PM  
Blogger Thomcat said...

i love the accomplishment list! happy new year to you sweetie ... i'm drunk ...

Sunday, January 01, 2006 5:10:00 PM  
Blogger LBseahag said...

you still kick ass....


piece to you in the new year...

Monday, January 02, 2006 1:20:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home