quesadillas for breakfast

Thank you to the little people who made this blog possible.

Friday, October 21, 2005

Today's Lunch Menu:
Philly Cheese Steak
Something else
Potato Munchers

I don't get it.

Throughout the day, my position as a front lobby receptionist lends me to having interesting conversations with various co-workers including, but not limited to, dim HR assistants, studly Buyers, even studlier Real Estate men, snooty Women's Buyers, and even snootier Executive Assistants. Here's how they go:

Conversations from Within XYZ Fashion Corporation:

This conversation arose when I found out from a friend that he called while I was out, and surprisingly enough, dim witted HR chick didn't notify me that he had called.

"Hey chick, did someone call for me while I was at lunch?"
"Huh?"
"Did a guy call for me while I was at lunch?"
"Oh, yeah. This guy called for you while you were at lunch."
"Really?"
"Yeah, but he didn't leave his name."
"Did he sound cute?"
"Um...yeah?"
"Shut up."

This conversation was hardly a conversation, but turned into an all-out riot when I realized just what I asked Hunky Buyer Dude. Don't worry, they were laughing at me, not with me.

*Hunky Buyer Dude is going up the stairs in the main lobby. Groups of people are walking thru the lobby. Hunky Buyer Dude stops, waves, and winks at me. I just couldn't leave well enough alone.*

"Hey!" I yell thru the lobby, "So are you going to the Astros game tonight?!"
He stops. So do several other people in the lobby. He thinks, turns, and faces me with a smirk.
"It's in....St. Louis. Haa haa haaaaaa haaaaaaa."
Completely embarrassed, I reply.
"Oh, heh. I...uh....guess you'd better leave now. Heh."

This conversation conspired this morning between a Snooty Executive Assistant and I. I was so hungover yesterday that, apparently, I couldn't perform my duites as efficiently as normal. Not that I do anything that needs more than a 5th grader's version of efficiency.

"Good morning Snooty Executive Assistant, I have a package for you at the front desk."
"Ok. Great. I'll come down and get it."
She comes to the front desk, picks up the package, wrinkles her nose, and asks me..
"Did they drop this off this morning?"
"Um, no. It was sometime yesterday."
"What time yesterday?"
"Around . . . three. . . three thirty."
"Oh. I was wondering where this was. I really needed it yesterday."
"Sorry . . . ?"
"Yeah."


I piss off so many people throughout the day, I've lost count. But, my boss complements me like you compliment a puppy for not peeing on the floor.

I've got so many more conversations to post, but I didn't want this post to be two pages long. So enjoy these and relax in the comfort of knowing there's more to come.

13 Comments:

Blogger Breazy said...

wow Damasta , you sound like me ! Have a good weekend ! :)

Friday, October 21, 2005 11:12:00 AM  
Blogger Mr. Shife said...

I hope you have a good weekend watching the Astros play in the World Series. Good luck and look forward to more conversations.

Friday, October 21, 2005 12:12:00 PM  
Blogger lookingbusy said...

I try, at all costs, not to talk to anybody at work. They are all maroons and don't understand shizzle. All they like to do is gossip and talk smack about everybody else.

One time, Nosy church lady said to me, "You're hard to crack. Sometimes I'm not sure if you just like to keep to yourself or if you really don't like it here."

Friday, October 21, 2005 12:28:00 PM  
Blogger DaMasta said...

breaze - Thanks! Have a good weekend to you, too.

Mr.Shife - Thanks and I will. You will certainly be getting updates from me on Monday!

LB - You should have said, "Neither, I just don't like YOU here."

Friday, October 21, 2005 12:39:00 PM  
Blogger Bobby said...

Why didn't she check on the package yesterday then? Stupid people....

And I have been reading, just not commenting, your posts lately. The whole Astros thing has kept me quiet, as I don't follow volleyball that closely.

Friday, October 21, 2005 1:35:00 PM  
Blogger DaMasta said...

It's ok, Bobby. Galveston sand is dirty anyways.

Friday, October 21, 2005 2:55:00 PM  
Blogger Sherri Sanders said...

Next time you should hang on to the package a few more days.

Friday, October 21, 2005 3:06:00 PM  
Blogger Bsoholic said...

Funny conversations!

Have a great weekend!

Friday, October 21, 2005 4:54:00 PM  
Blogger DaMasta said...

sherri - nooOOOoo. i'm not in the mood to get fired.

Friday, October 21, 2005 6:44:00 PM  
Blogger LBseahag said...

Nice job...

You so need to sleep with Hunky Buyer Dude...

Saturday, October 22, 2005 10:18:00 AM  
Blogger FU said...

mm..ur lunch sounds yummy.

we had pizza on friday. you know that means we get pizza soup on monday.

Saturday, October 22, 2005 12:02:00 PM  
Blogger DaMasta said...

Jinxy - Yeah, hopefully that will make him forget about what happened in the lobby. I really want to sleep with Studlier Real Estate Dude. He. Is. Hot.

Fu - That shit happens to us all the time. One day we had baked potatoes and corn and the next day we had potato soup with corn and gravy. Bleh.

Saturday, October 22, 2005 12:58:00 PM  
Blogger lime said...

you coudl have sold the package to the highest bidder and made a few extra bucks.

Saturday, October 22, 2005 4:44:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home