quesadillas for breakfast

Thank you to the little people who made this blog possible.

Monday, October 03, 2005

Today's Cafeteria Menu:
Roast Beef
Roasted Potatoes
Carrots

WTF is roast beef? By the looks of it at lunch, I'm glad I don't know. I had a burger and tots - the Sonic special.

The one thing I hate more than conversating in the ladies room is conversating while waiting in line in the ladies room. For some reason, there was a bathroom convention going on this afternoon as twenty women all piled in the bathroom all at once. There was a swirl of sights, sounds, and [ugh] smells.

The one thing I hate more than conversating while waiting in line in the ladies room is having to smile and nod at the person who went before you in the stall you are about to walk into. All I keep thinking is: did you wipe the seat after yourself? did you do number two? did you leave the seat warm for me? did you flush?

The one thing I hate more than having to smile and nod at the person who went before you in the stall you are about to walk into is having to smile and not at the person who is going after you in the stall you are about to walk out of. All I keep asking myself is : did I wipe the seat after myself? did I do number two? did i leave the seat warm? did I flush?

Well, now that the funny part of the post is over, I can only apologize in advance for needing to post the rest, which will be an angry, bitter, and depressed mob of words.

I'm a failure.

I know I'm a failure when I go to family fuctions on my dad's side. I am reminded I am a failure by my cousins. By their husbands. By their children. By their houses and new cars and elaborate birthday parties and weddings and holiday gatherings. I look around and see the same cousins I grew up with. Some older. Most younger. The eldest, now 27, started her life nearly 9 years ago. She birthed a fatherless child, got a boyfriend, got a house, got married, had another child, got another house, got a boat, and birthed a small infant last year. My other cousins soon followed. Birthing spawn. Getting married. Some divorsed. All remarried. Got houses. Got cars. Threw big parties and now live happily enough in southeast suburbia.

Maybe it's because I'm barren. Is that the right word? I can't birth a child. Well, atleast not without the help of an assful of shots containing highly legal birthing hormones. This is all in theory. I'm not sure it works. And I'm not sure I want it to work. I mean, God himself made it naturally impossible for me to have children. Why would I go against The All Knowing. Because he knows why I shouldn't have children.

Maybe the reason I'm not married or in a substantial relationship is because I can't cook, don't like to clean, don't like to shave my legs, and have an utter disregard to sorting laundry before washing. All this stems from the revelation I had this weekend when I found out that Secret LB has started seeing someone else.

Why did he lie to me? Why did I care? He said he didn't want a relationship complicating his life. What he meant to say was that he didn't want me complicating his life. He didn't like the fact that I didn't cook for him. He didn't like the time we went to the beach and I was so high that I forgot to shave. Maybe it was when I told him that I couldn't have children. I'll never know. He'll never tell me. I tried to confront him while doing some drunk dialing this weekend, but he only revealed the fact that he didn't owe me an explanation and hung up on me. He owed me more than that. We all know that.

This isn't meant to be a rambling about the asshole that is Secret LB, but rather a pondering about what makes me so unmarryable.

Is it because:
I never wear real diamonds?
I absolutely couldn't live without having mac and cheese atleast once a week?
all my clocks are set to different times?
if I had it my way, I would wear jeans everyday?
I don't like wearing pajamas to bed?
I hate the shows American Idol and Survivor?
I zone out at work and sometimes think of all the funny things I said to people the day before?
I am neither gracefull or petite?
I don't like to paint my nails?
I don't like to wear red?
I like the color pink?
I would rather go to a comedy club than a dance club?
I constantly fight with my lil sister?
I don't like to do things that I'm afraid I'll be bad at, like cooking?
I don't have a college degree?
I have moved more times than I care to admit?
I am a celebrity gossip junkie?
I am a reality tv junkie?
I believe in boppin' children on the butt is perfectly acceptable from the minute they are old enough to talk back?
I have a nervous habit of playing with my ear?
I can't count on one hand the number of boys I've, umm...kissed?
I don't have any plants in my apartment?
my lips don't always taste suggary sweet?
I don't like playing outdoors?
I cuss alot?
I have a pet rat named QuesaDilla?

What is it? This is really bothering me. So much so that last night, instead of doing laundry and cleaning my apartment, I drank the left over bottle of rum I found in the back seat of my car and cried myself to sleep.

7 Comments:

Blogger Breazy said...

okay first of all , opinions are like arse holes and so is mine but here it is :

Just because you don't have a husband , children , house , new car and all that doesn't mean that you are a failure . It means that you probably aren't in debt as much as they are. Almost every single thing you listed on your list there is me made over. Only a couple of things didn't match me such as , I don't have a pet rat named quesadilla , I don't have an apartment , we rent a house instead . If you need to talk email me . I am on my way to water aerobics right now and I will be home around 8:30est!

Monday, October 03, 2005 3:15:00 PM  
Blogger Breazy said...

Btw.. you will find that I am a helper and a worrier! :)

Monday, October 03, 2005 3:16:00 PM  
Blogger Nobody said...

I agree, you are far from a failure. And I am here to tell you that the grass is not always greener on the other side. By the way, if you are "unmarriable"... then my husband will tell you so am I b/c we have a lot in common?! Ha ha.

You just haven't meant the right guy yet. By the way, if LB is that big of an inconsiderate prick... consider it a favor!! You would NOT want him to walk when there is more vested.

THough I met my young, most of my friends didn't meet their hubbys until their late 20's!!!

Oh, and about the kids. I have 2 friends and a sister in law who are "barren" also~ horrible word. All 3 have kids now, thanks be to the right doc. That my dear, is no issue!

Monday, October 03, 2005 5:09:00 PM  
Blogger Stephanie said...

Sweetie - omg there is nothing wrong with you. If this guy couldn't accept you the way you are - he is so not worth you. You deserve better and you will find it.

As for children - see my post from today - I went through pain, surgery, injections, coposcopies, coneoscopies(f'ing ouch) and a cryogenic treatment of my cervix.

I have so much in common with you (& Breazy) we should start a club - lol.

Do you honestly think any woman likes to shave??

You can email or pm me any old time!

Monday, October 03, 2005 5:55:00 PM  
Blogger LBseahag said...

Wow...
Here is my opinion as a 32 year single old hispanic female without kids:

1)If you ever want kids, adopt one. To be honest, I think pregancy in this day and age is overrated and selfish.
2)Love is not finding the right person, its being the right person. that means be true to yourself. thats all that matters.
3)no degree is not the end of the world. find something you enjoy, and work your way up. that piece of paper is not your value.
4)if an guy comes around who cannot love you for all that you have to give, and cannot overlook the petty things, there is one right around the corner who will...

my favorite quote:
"Every new beginning comes from some other beginning's end"

Chin up, lil nipper!

Monday, October 03, 2005 6:25:00 PM  
Blogger LBseahag said...

and drunk dialing never works....i literally have to hide my cell phone and battery in separate places to get me from not calling my ex...
i even called him from a payphone NYC and Sacramento to hear his voice and so he could not trace the call...the best revenge is silence...
and i lost money by calling his sorry ass...

Listen to these girls in here...they have been there, done that, and so have i...and we are stronger and wiser...
you need to listen to Christina Aguilera's song Fighter....woo hoo!

Monday, October 03, 2005 10:13:00 PM  
Blogger DaMasta said...

thanks everyone, really. i was in a funk yesterday and i really needed to get that shit off my chest. i don't necessarily believe i'm a failure as a person, i just feel like a failure as a woman. a hispanic woman. grrr...and it irks me that my family is so sterotypical. and that the losers i date are such...well, losers.

jinxy, drunk dialing is a bitch. it always woos me in with a promise to hear my ex's voice, ,and SLAM, it beats me down when the convo doesn't go my way.

and btw, if i have to listen to christina aguilara to feel good about myself, JUST SHOOT ME NOW!!

;)

Tuesday, October 04, 2005 6:11:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home