quesadillas for breakfast

Thank you to the little people who made this blog possible.

Tuesday, October 25, 2005

Today's Cafeteria Menu:
Fried Chicken Breast
Roasted Potatoes
Corn

We all know what happens when you eat corn. Let's not go there again. But what happens when you eat fried chicken breast? Is it like chicken fried chicken? Then why didn't they just call it that? I'm not going anywhere near fried chicken breast or corn. Looks like a soup and salad day. But not soupy taco. That was something awful.

Ok, back by popular demand are more conversations from withing XYZ Fashion Corporation. Ok, it wasn't so much popular demand as it was my demand.

If anyone from anywhere in the building calls you, it will only show one number - our main number, which, inconveniently enough rings straight to me.

Incoming Call to Front Desk.

“Good morning, [name of Company]”
“Hi . . . uh, did someone call for me?”
“Do you know anyone at [name of Company] who might have called you?”
“What is this place?”
“[name of Company].”
“What do ya’ll do?”
“We are a corporate office.”
“Are there any . . teenagers there?”
“No."
"Ok, bye."

This phone call was from a distressed customer needing to get a hold of someone in customer service. The only thing was, she didn’t know who she was looking for…so I had to tell her.

“Good morning, [name of Company]”
“HI...I need to…um…purchase some shoes. You didn’t have them at your store, and I ordered them last year through your corporate office.”
“Well, this is the corporate office. Let me switch you over to customer service.”
“WELL…hang on. I need to speak with someone about ordering shoes.”
“Ok. Let me switch you to customer service.”
“Where is that?”
“Here in the corporate office…”
“Ok. Because last time I ordered them from the corporate office.”
“Yes, ma’am. This is the corporate office.”
“Well, who is in charge of shoes?”
“Well, if you need to order shoes-
“Yes, I need to order shoes
“-you need to speak with customer service.”
“But last year, this was so easy, I just ordered them through the corporate office.”

[By this time, I knew what she was getting at. She wanted to speak directly with our athletic shoe buyer. I would be publicly hanged if I transferred a customer directly to a Buyer. God forbid they ever speak with customers. They don’t even speak to me half the time.]

“Ma’am, we do have shoe buyers here at the corporate office, but all they do is buy from vendors all day long. They don’t take orders or take customer service calls.”
“Oh.”
“Let me switch you to customer service.”
“Ok…”
“Thank you.”


A conversation between Party Girl and I the day after the day after the night we drank so much. She called me on the phone from her desk upstairs.

”Hey [DaMasta], how are you?”
“I’m good.”
“Yeah? I’m still in a funk.”
“Heh, I’m just ready to get outta here.”
“Yeah, me too. I’m so glad it’s Friday. You should call me this weekend. Do you have my number?”
“Yes.”
“No, not my extension, my number.”
“Yes.”
“How do you have it?”
“Are you serious? You don’t remember?”
“No. What?”
“The other night at the bar, you gave me your number. And look at your celly, you have mine.”
“Oh my God, I do. I don’t even remember that. I was that bad, huh?”
“Yes. Yes, you were.”

18 Comments:

Blogger Bsoholic said...

LOL, That second conversation lady seemed quite annoying. I have similar conversations like that with delenquent tenants. Drives me batty.

Tuesday, October 25, 2005 7:05:00 AM  
Blogger DaMasta said...

bs - that's just ONE conversation. my day consists of SEVERAL of these conversations. heh...you said "batty". "my name is batty, my logic is erratic."

Tuesday, October 25, 2005 7:17:00 AM  
Blogger Stephanie said...

I would have told her I got her number from her personnel file and that I had her address, social security number, employment history and direct deposit information. That I was thinking of stalking her but instead decided to just become her. Mwuhahaha - EVIL!!

Tuesday, October 25, 2005 7:55:00 AM  
Blogger Breazy said...

Some people in this world worry me! Do they not have brains. When I worked at a private college I use to get calls like that where you keep telling them who they needed to speak to but they wanted to argue! D'OH :)

Tuesday, October 25, 2005 9:52:00 AM  
Blogger The Village Idiot said...

Hey now! I have conversations like that with myself all day long!





Uh...where was I again?

Tuesday, October 25, 2005 9:55:00 AM  
Blogger Mr. Shife said...

I need to party with party girl.

Tuesday, October 25, 2005 10:04:00 AM  
Blogger Sherri Sanders said...

Unfortunately, and embarrasingly enough, I have been that party girl before!!

Ugh, memories of past christmas parties coming back to haunt me.....

Tuesday, October 25, 2005 10:23:00 AM  
Blogger T. Leach said...

All these phone calls and shit ... how do you get anything done?

Tuesday, October 25, 2005 11:39:00 AM  
Blogger DaMasta said...

Duh, Tleach. That IS my job.

Tuesday, October 25, 2005 1:22:00 PM  
Blogger DaMasta said...

Sherri, I have been that party girl, too. But damn...that was soooOoo just-out-of-college-years ago. It's really old and not amusing.

Tuesday, October 25, 2005 1:27:00 PM  
Blogger DaMasta said...

Snav - Hmmm...sounds like a good idea..

Breazy - atleast I get paid to argue with people on the phone!

Idiot - you scare me sometimes...

Mr.Shife - don't ever say that shit again. DEATH TO THE PARTY GIRL!

Tuesday, October 25, 2005 1:37:00 PM  
Blogger S said...

Hey rat, Dont chew my sheets!
Happy Tuesday to you!

Tuesday, October 25, 2005 2:24:00 PM  
Blogger LBseahag said...

Outside work hookups are hot...expecially when they bring it up...

lunch sounded extra delish today..not.

Tuesday, October 25, 2005 5:35:00 PM  
Blogger DaMasta said...

jinxy - it wasn't a hook up, you dope. it was PARTY GIRL! GAG!!!! Even tho, there are rumors circulating that she is bi. EWWWW... how do I delete phone numbers from this damn cell phone??

Tuesday, October 25, 2005 5:39:00 PM  
Blogger Mad Housewife said...

Potatoes AND corn? That's two starches in one meal. Can I have some green beans instead?

And dessert? What about dessert?

Wednesday, October 26, 2005 4:53:00 AM  
Blogger T. Leach said...

What I actually meant was ... with the blog. How do you get anything done with the blog? I'm finding that more often the sarcasm fails to translate.

Wednesday, October 26, 2005 5:38:00 AM  
Blogger DaMasta said...

Les - Trust me, you don't want their green beans. I've written about them before. ;)

T.Leach - Maybe if you would have included the words "IN YOUR BLOG"..duh. Just because we're not talking about hemmrhoids, you get all flustered...

Wednesday, October 26, 2005 6:03:00 AM  
Blogger T. Leach said...

Shit. ::looks both ways:: She's onto me.

Wednesday, October 26, 2005 11:15:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home