quesadillas for breakfast

Thank you to the little people who made this blog possible.

Thursday, October 27, 2005

Today's Cafeteria Menu:
Fajitas
Spanish Rice
Frijoles a la Charra

It's Mexican Food Thursday again. I think I'll be going on strike from eating lunch with Party Whore and DJ Stoopid. But in keeping with the theme of Mexican food Thursday, I think I'll make a stop at Taco Bell before I head to the nearest mall for a dose of comfort shopping.


Things I’ve Learned While Being a Front Lobby Receptionist:

1. You must only flush two squares of 1-ply toilet paper at a time to avoid over-flowing the restroom.

2. It is better to leave a visitor rotting in the front lobby rather than admit to the person they are here to see that you forgot about them.

3. There is definitely something creepy about the guys in Loss Prevention.

4. Contrary to popular belief, if you park in the Handicap spaces, you will NOT be towed.

5. Dim-witted HR chick is a friend in deed when you need a shoulder to bitch on.

6. There is something irresistible about every single one of the men in the Real Estate department.

7. If I wear high heels with jeans on Friday, I get to eat with the “in” crowd during lunch.

8. The cafeteria has officially lost its thrill.

9. You can’t fool highly intellectual people by pretending you are smarter than you actually are.

10. You can beg all you want, but the HR directors will not hire men on good looks alone.

Things I Still Haven’t Figured Out:

1. Whose bright idea it was to save money by buying 1-ply toilet paper.

2. Whose bright idea it was to save money by not buying toilets that don’t constantly over-flow.

3. Why no one has thought to put sugar in grits to make them taste better.

4. Why I giggle at the sound corduroy pants make when you walk around in them.

5. How DJ Sexy hasn’t noticed that Party Girl looks hauntingly like Molly Ringwald.

6. Why nobody sees anything wrong with this sentence: “I drive a PT Cruiser.”

7. Why nobody wants to ride on my rollercoaster of love.

8. Why I'm the only person who thinks it's fair to call Party Girl a skank if she's going to call me a diva.

9. Why DJ Sexy thinks it’s endearing to talk about strippers at lunch.

10. Why nobody thinks it’s appropriate to clap when someone trips on the stairs.

11 Comments:

Blogger Breazy said...

You need to take some pics of these hot men . I want to take a gander at em '! LOL!

Thursday, October 27, 2005 8:08:00 AM  
Blogger Sherri Sanders said...

I NEVER eat in the cafeteria where I work. I try as much as possible to be 'aloof' so if I do decide to eat lunch with someone, they think it's great.

It works, trust me. Suddenly everyone WANTS to eat lunch with you.

Thursday, October 27, 2005 8:27:00 AM  
Blogger Bsoholic said...

Lots of people put sugar on grits - and cinnamin.

I like butter and salt on mine though.

Thursday, October 27, 2005 8:44:00 AM  
Blogger lookingbusy said...

Ha! "Low-flow" toilets SUCK! I gots me a 3.9 gallon flusher here at my work. Boooya!

Thursday, October 27, 2005 9:10:00 AM  
Blogger DaMasta said...

breazy - they are like sun gods, you must not look directly at them.

sherri - trust me, the cafeteria is losing its cool status real quick.

bs - i can't imagine them ever tasting good no matter what you put on them.

Thursday, October 27, 2005 9:15:00 AM  
Blogger LoriLoo310 said...

I wonder why "the powers that be" haven't invested in computers for themselves. All of us underdogs have total power, and they still haven't figured out how.

Thursday, October 27, 2005 9:34:00 AM  
Blogger The Village Idiot said...

Is that the RHCP version of the roller coaster....count me in.

And I couldnt resist...whats for lunch?

Thursday, October 27, 2005 10:18:00 AM  
Blogger Mr. Shife said...

Well if anyone has the power to call in and get the people who park in handicap spots towed, please do it. My sister is in a wheelchair and people who are too lazy or in too much of a hurry can blow me. Those spots are not for you. Sorry Damasta, I am just little sensitive about people who park in handicapped spots who are not.

Thursday, October 27, 2005 10:31:00 AM  
Blogger Stephanie said...

I think people would prefer having a standing ovation or at least start the wave when they trip!

Thursday, October 27, 2005 10:45:00 AM  
Blogger DaMasta said...

looking - damn them and their toilet budget.

loriloo - huh?

idiot - you know it. rhcp all the way!

mrshife - don't worry, it's not me that's parking there. we have people parking in front of the building every day.

snavy - the wave!! what a grand idea!!

Thursday, October 27, 2005 12:01:00 PM  
Blogger Bsoholic said...

I guess I am the only one in the blog world who eats grits on occasion. LOL

Friday, October 28, 2005 6:40:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home