quesadillas for breakfast

Thank you to the little people who made this blog possible.

Thursday, October 20, 2005

Ok. So they did it. It's official.
The Astros are going to the World Series.

A few co-workers and I went here to watch the Astros help tear down Busch Stadium. It was an awesome game. From what I remember. Come to think of it, I only remember the last out. I hope someone taped it.

My biggest problem? I am so incredibly hungover.

I already drank a gallon of water, a quart of milk, and 10 ounces of Starfucks.

And I'm still thirsty.

And the craziest thing someone has said to me today :

"You went to work with a hangover?"

Heck yes I did.

If everyone with a hangover stayed home from work, half the people at this corporate office wouldn't come in on a Tuesday.

So my question is: How many of ya'll have come to work with a hangover so bad that you would still fail a breathilizer test? Did you get caught? Did you sneak to your car for a nap?

Sometimes I wake up still drunk. I hadn't even gotten to the hungover part. After lunch, that's when the hangover starts...

13 Comments:

Blogger Bsoholic said...

I heard that on the news this morning and thought to myself "Damasta is going to be a happy camper."

Right on for you!

Thursday, October 20, 2005 6:16:00 AM  
Blogger Bsoholic said...

Oh and I have come to work a few times with a major damn hangover. Sucks monkey balls it does.

Thursday, October 20, 2005 6:18:00 AM  
Blogger DaMasta said...

thanks, bs. I'm paying the price for watching the Astros last night.

Answering the phones and being nice to people while hungover is cruel and unusual punishment.

Thursday, October 20, 2005 6:37:00 AM  
Blogger Mr. Shife said...

Congrats Damasta, and good luck in the Series.

I definitely have been there and done that. One time I snuck off to the bathroom so I could take a nap on the toilet. My co-workers were a little concerned since I went to the bathroom every hour.

Thursday, October 20, 2005 8:34:00 AM  
Blogger DaMasta said...

Thanks Mr.Shife.

When I worked in the wonderful world of rental cars, my boss would sneak off every two hours for a nap in one of the rentals. I thot he was just really sleepy.

Now, as age as wisened me up, I now know all the managers at said rental company are beligerent alcoholics.

Thursday, October 20, 2005 9:27:00 AM  
Blogger Thomcat said...

wow, i'm glad my mariners didn't even come close ... i would hate to keep coming to work hungover !

Thursday, October 20, 2005 10:29:00 AM  
Blogger Stephanie said...

LOL!! I thought the same thing as BS!!

Thursday, October 20, 2005 11:19:00 AM  
Blogger DaMasta said...

Thom - it doesn't stop here. There's another 4-7 games still to play. Woo hoo!!

Thursday, October 20, 2005 11:31:00 AM  
Blogger lookingbusy said...

I don't get hangovers. Before you pass out, you gotta drink 2-3 glasses of water. Do it! You'll be fine.

Thursday, October 20, 2005 1:22:00 PM  
Blogger DaMasta said...

Looking Busy - No hangover is not fun. I need to have a hangover. I need to feel the burden of my sins.

Ok, look, I ran out of bottled water. Sue me.

Thursday, October 20, 2005 2:57:00 PM  
Blogger Crazy Me said...

I went to work with a bad wine hangover one day. Not nice at all. I'm pretty sure that was the longest day of my life.

Thursday, October 20, 2005 4:02:00 PM  
Blogger LBseahag said...

A few months ago:
1)Hit on a and got reject by my nextdoor neighbor while drunk
2)slept 2 hours, got up
3)arrived to work in pony tail, hoody, and dress pants.
4)didn't speak to anyone all day cuz of my liquor-skin stentch.
5)Threw up a gallon of water by 10am cuz it was just too much...

Never again....

Thursday, October 20, 2005 6:10:00 PM  
Blogger DaMasta said...

Jinxy - That's nothing...
I got drunk on Wed night and :
1)flirted with the only married co-worker there.
2)came to work in a dress shirt, blazer and jeans
3)smoked so much that even the inside of my purse smelled like smoke.
4)regretted eating lunch.

Friday, October 21, 2005 6:18:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home