quesadillas for breakfast

Thank you to the little people who made this blog possible.

Thursday, October 13, 2005

My furry little Quesa Dilla. My Quesa. My Dilla.

This month marks the two year anniversary of Quesa's "gotcha" date. If you buy a pet rat from a breeder, you celebrate their birthday - because obviously the breeder knows when the rat was born. In Quesa's case, you celebrate her "gotcha" date. This is the date I 'got her' from the pet store. In rat-lover's land, people who buy pets from a pet store carry a certain stigma. It's not acceptable in most circles of pet lovers. But, Quesa was my first rat and my first pet, for that matter. I didn't know better. And my ignorance has never paid off more.

In rat years, two years is a lifetime. Literally. They are only expected to live 1-3 years. Max. Quesa is still healthy and strong and happy. She has seen 6 rats come and go. Some have died. Others, I adopted out to fellow ratlovers.

She has been with me to the movies, to the mall, to Petco many a time, and recently to Florida during my hurrication.

And since I have a bad long term memory, and I can't quite remember what date I got her, we'll just celebrate her "gotcha" month. Which I'm 88% sure was in October. Aw, come 'on. I've slept since then. Hey, I'm just kidding. I'm 92% sure.

Today I will be digging up stories about her and some of the other rats I have owned. We'll start, however, with a little list that plays on the saying that pet owners and pets begin to resemble each other after a while.

Ways Me and Quesa are alike:

1. We both purr when you rub our cheeks.

2. We both have big hind feet.

3. We both like cuddling in the nape of another's neck.

4. We both like to sleep with our noses under our bellies.

5. We both use our big booties for evil.

6. We both have soft tummies.

7. We both are way too curious.

8. We both get lonely if left alone for too long.

9. We both get overly excited about cheese.

10. We both sneeze when we're nervous.

11. We both squeak when we're made to do something we don't want to do.

12. We both come when called.


15 Comments:

Blogger CozyMama said...

cute!!! even for a rat!! Hey I got some good eye candy on my blog today!!!!!

Thursday, October 13, 2005 9:22:00 AM  
Blogger Bobby said...

i love #11.

#12, people can call, but I don't always respond.

At least I don't always respond well.

Thursday, October 13, 2005 9:59:00 AM  
Blogger Mr. Shife said...

Which cheeks cause this purring sensation?

Thursday, October 13, 2005 10:24:00 AM  
Blogger lookingbusy said...

You both have big hind feet? How do your front feet compare?

Thursday, October 13, 2005 10:53:00 AM  
Blogger DaMasta said...

Bobby - She really doesn't squeak at all unless I make her do something completely horrendous. Like take a bath. She absolutely hates that. Messes up her fur.

MrShife - *wink*

Looking - Actually our front feet are similar too. We both eat with our front paws.

Thursday, October 13, 2005 11:34:00 AM  
Blogger Stephanie said...

LMAO!! I like #5 - anything you use for evil is fun!! Mwuhahaha!!!

Thursday, October 13, 2005 11:38:00 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

LMAO..that is so cute..i always wanted a rat..but with five cats now..its not a good idea..

Thursday, October 13, 2005 11:57:00 AM  
Blogger DaMasta said...

Snav - I use many of my attributes for evil. ;)

Dusty - I saw one episode of America's Funniest Homevideos where the cat got a little too close to the rat cage...and CRUNCH... the rat bit down hard on the cat's ear!! This actually happens alot. Rats are more fearless than you think.

word ver - "mflzy" - "muther f*ckin' lazy"

Thursday, October 13, 2005 12:05:00 PM  
Blogger LBseahag said...

Jinxy likes rats...

on a tortilla, with monterey jack, salsa, and sour cream...

one thing, be glad you don't have a big ball sac...

Thursday, October 13, 2005 2:33:00 PM  
Blogger Crazy Me said...

I've never thought about a rat as a pet. I decided I didn't like rodents after a hamster bit me when I was 7. Scarred for life, I think.

Thursday, October 13, 2005 3:58:00 PM  
Blogger Bsoholic said...

A lot in common you 2 have! LOL, awesome!

Thursday, October 13, 2005 8:36:00 PM  
Blogger DaMasta said...

Jinxy - *whew*..you have no idea how glad I am of that...

angela - hamsters are vile little bastards. they are stupid. they bite. they stink. those little fuckers aren't nice at all. I love rats. They are smart. They learn tricks. They lick you. They are very loyal pets.

Friday, October 14, 2005 5:43:00 AM  
Blogger lime said...

i gotta say i am not a big ratlover but that was a great post....happy gotcha month!

Friday, October 14, 2005 7:10:00 AM  
Blogger DaMasta said...

Well thanks, lime. Quesa's gentle nature and funny quirks have converted a lot of non-rat lovers over the years.

Friday, October 14, 2005 7:23:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for offering this great service to learn about wholesale pet supply. I have a website about wholesale pet supply which makes me very interested in what you have going here. I think I am going to start up my own blog so I can spread the news! Thanks you are offering this great service!

Friday, November 04, 2005 4:53:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home