quesadillas for breakfast

Thank you to the little people who made this blog possible.

Saturday, September 03, 2005

The most embarrassing thing about shaving is forgeting to shave a certain body part. As a girl, I've learned that we must yank out every visible hair from our bodies in order to please the opposite sex.
Yesterday morning I took a shower. In my usual routine, I lathered up and took a blade to my legs. I start at the bottom and work my way up. All the way up. I run my fingers along my calves, my thighs, my pelvic; just to be sure every trace of hair is gone.
After I dressed, I went to my parent's house. My mother was outside washing her car. I grabbed a fresh towel and helped her dry it. As we worked our way around the car, I kept catching her staring at my feet.
I asked, "What?"
Her concerned look turned into a smirk.

"You know," she said, "it's pretty bad when you forget to shave your toes."

Embarrassed, I replied, "It's pretty bad when you have to shave your toes."

This fictional story has been provided to you as a result of Purgatorian's Flash Fiction Friday. Please visit his blog for more details. The most embarrassing thing...

7 Comments:

Blogger DaMasta said...

Thanks for visiting spinning girl, your thumbthumb story was ...brilliant. lol..

Saturday, September 03, 2005 10:26:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My mom is always looking at my feet... she takes really good care of hers. Her heels are as soft as a baby's bottom!
Toe hair... that's just wrong!

Sunday, September 04, 2005 6:06:00 AM  
Blogger Michele Catino said...

At least you don't have to follow up by shaving your knuckles...

Sunday, September 04, 2005 6:46:00 AM  
Blogger LBseahag said...

Been there, done that...
and once my chin was included...

Sunday, September 04, 2005 11:03:00 AM  
Blogger Adrian said...

i tried waxing my feet once.... once.

Sunday, September 04, 2005 4:11:00 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I would have to take a Nair bath to get all the hair off my body - though I'm not nearly as bad as Steve Carrel.

Funny. And welcome to FFF. And there's no thing wrong with Quesadillas for breakfast in my book.

Monday, September 05, 2005 12:26:00 PM  
Blogger DaMasta said...

Waxing toes...the ugly cousin to waxing your upper lip.

Tuesday, September 06, 2005 9:04:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home