quesadillas for breakfast

Thank you to the little people who made this blog possible.

Monday, September 12, 2005

If all else fails, you can blame it on me.




"Are you mad at me? Is that why you're ignoring me?" I heard him say for the second time, trying to get my attention.

Was I mad? I couldn't remember. Man, I've got to stop smoking so much. What was going on? Why was I mad? Oh, yeah -

I looked at him and muttered, "I thought we were going to eat lunch on the Seawall."

"Is that all you're mad at?" He turned the car around. "We'll go back then."

It was a miserable day to be in Galveston. We could see the rain clouds as we headed out. I had asked Secrect LoverBoy if he wanted to turn around, but he insisted on coming to the beach again. As soon as we arrived to East Beach, it started raining. The rain was so bad that the dirt road that lead to the beach was impassible. We stopped on the side of the road, watched the rain, and smoked another joint. After ten minutes, the rain stopped and we parked on the beach. Same spot as last weekend. This time it wasn't sunny or perfect or memorable. It was cloudy.

In my buzzed stupor, I had forgotten to shave. I looked down in horror to see my stubble begin to surface. It was the most uncomfortable I had ever felt around Secret LB. I tried to stay away from him. I went for a walk, alone. I walked on the jetti, alone.

When I came back, we decided to leave. When we had driven down the Seawall towards East Beach, Secret LB had mentioned that he wanted to stop and get some shrimp cocktail. So I thought that's what we had planned after the beach. When he started heading towards the freeway, that's when I got angry and started ignoring him.

My mom used to always say don't push your luck. I should have never gone to Galveston with him twice. It was too good to be true. It would never be like it was the first time. Maybe it was the rain. Maybe it was the weed. Maybe it was because I didn't shave. Whatever the reason, it wasn't like it was before. I should have stopped while I was ahead.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home