quesadillas for breakfast

Thank you to the little people who made this blog possible.

Saturday, September 03, 2005

I went to the grocery store this afternoon to buy the single girl Saturday essentials: frozen pizza, a six pack, and a bottle of Pepto. $36.49 later, the grocery clerk handed me my reciept and said "Thank you for shopping at Kroger, you saved $4.40". As a gave him a puzzling look, I grabbed my bags and slowly backed away.

Do they really expect me to believe that the regular price of a frozen pizza is $7.49? And that just because I have a Kroger keychain tag that I got an exclusive price of $4.99? Is this some kind of conspiracy?

When I go to CVS for a pack of cigs, they always ask if I have a CVS Card. I always say no. And they always scan a CVS Card tapped to the side of the register before they ring up my purchase.

So what makes me think that Kroger would really make me pay full price for a frozen pizza?

One may never know.

And keeping on the grocery store theme, may I present:

Top 5 Things I Pay Way Too Much For

1. Personal Lubricant. At $2.50 for a small pocket-size tube, who knew "passion fruit" was so addicting.

2. Hairspray. I pay $3.99 a bottle for Herbal Essence. I could pay $1.50 for Suave at the dollar store, but I don't like the way it smells.

3. CDs. $11.99-$18.99. I could just burn them off the internet like the rest of the free world.

4. Gasoline. $3.06 a gallon. My dad works for a major gasoline corporation, so we have gas cards. Supposedly, we get a discount at the end of every month. I have a feeling that the HEB gas around the corner is much cheaper than any discount we get from my dad's job. Another conspiracy I have yet to uncover.

5. Flip Flops. $16.99 a pair. The ones at Family Dollar just didn't accent my toes like I would have hoped.

4 Comments:

Blogger LBseahag said...

Today I was at Albertsons and a guy was in line in front of me, in a suit, and a nametag from his church didn't have one of those keychain thingys. I let him use mine, and he thanked me profusely like I just gave him a golden ticket.
I remembered reading your blog this morning, and was like, "its not like you get anything, anyways,"
Aparently Albertsons is now giving movie tickets.
its about time.

Sunday, September 04, 2005 11:12:00 AM  
Blogger Bsoholic said...

Those keychain things are all marketing tools. Each item sold at each location becomes information for Kroger corporate, and they can put on sale things people want, send out coupons ect. I hate having to have 5 different cards on my keychain, how dare them think I would like to carry around a piece of plastic advertising promotion with me. I don't carry them, and to 'save' money at Kroger you can type in your telephone number at the credit card swiper machine. Ugh, I just hate all those damn food store cards. It's ludicrous

Tuesday, September 06, 2005 7:42:00 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

BS is correct. Its all marketing bullshit. I work in the marketing industry and the sale on the pizza is just to get your ass in the door in the hopes you will spend a fortune on shit you didnt need or items they have marked up. The grocery chains all have them now so basically the new promotion is "rewards"..you spend X amount of dollars and they give you a bone...er a movie ticket or a free friggin sandwich..its sad..

Tuesday, September 06, 2005 8:36:00 AM  
Blogger DaMasta said...

It pisses me off b/c they think that i think that the actual price of a frozen pizza is $7.49. That is outrageous. I have never seen a frozen pizza over $7. You might as well order delivery.

Tuesday, September 06, 2005 9:03:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home