quesadillas for breakfast

Thank you to the little people who made this blog possible.

Friday, September 02, 2005

I sprained my ankle last night. How, you ask? Did I sky dive and land wrong? Did I bungee jump and snap my feet? Did I play ninja late at night and invert my foot when I landed that roundhouse on my friend Bubba? No. I was walking.

I placed a couple of frantic phone calls to my friends [trying to hold back tears, cause as you all know, crying is a sign of weakness and blah ..blah ..blah]. And the response I got was very disappointing. You can't go to the store for a friend? You can't get me a pack of cigs, a xanex, and a bag of ice? You can't turn off the kitchen light and tuck me into bed? FUCK YOU, THEN. All I wanted was some strong pain killers and an ace bandage. All I got was a tube of bengay and a bag of excuses from a friend who said she couldn't go to the store for me cause she had her whiney baby to deal with.

If 25,000 refugees from LA can get free food and clothes and school supplies and blankets and pillows and free housing and discounts from Luby's....then what's a girl gotta do to get some friggin sympathy over here?

On a serious note:
I just paid three dollars a gallon this morning for gas, so it took over $30 to fill up my Ford Focus. Last month my gas bill alone was $180.
And if you know anyone in the Houston area that needs supplies [groceries, bedding, etc], just contact me. I have volunteered at several agencies that are just waiting for people to come in and take supplies that they have collected.

On a work-related note:
I am now taking suggestions on what I can do to fill my day if I get caught blogging. I think the tech guys are planning a sabatoge.
Keep in mind, I only have the following supplies:
-a [nice smelling] glue stick
-a stapler
-a couple hundred green envelopes
-a phone book
-a switchboard phone from the 60s
-a pad of yellow standard size post-it notes
-two pads of yellow mini size post-it notes
-a sign that says "all visitors must sign in"
-a can of old coke
-a small mirror
-white-out
-several blank copies of the conference room schedule

3 Comments:

Blogger Bobby said...

I keep a shortcut link to a work related website on my desktop, so I can easily change to it if someone walks up while I am blogging, or doing other internet stuff.

Hope your ankle feels better soon. .

Friday, September 02, 2005 2:44:00 PM  
Blogger LBseahag said...

We are so connected as cyber sisters...i have a ford focus too! i knew i liked for a reason..go get me some of those little white round circle with a circle cut out stickers from the office supply room. i place them everywhere and tell people im curing warts.....

Friday, September 02, 2005 5:48:00 PM  
Blogger DaMasta said...

Bobby - Yeah, I keep my work email tab ready, but I always end up with a guilty look on my face when I switch the screens....

Jinxy - LOL...or on Monday I can send out the Conference Room schedules to everyone for Sept 6th ... of LAST year.

Saturday, September 03, 2005 1:36:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home