quesadillas for breakfast

Thank you to the little people who made this blog possible.

Thursday, August 25, 2005

Ok, I know I'm the corporate slave around here. I mean, face it - I'm the lobby receptionist for god's sake. My day consists of yes, ma'am this..and no, sir that...good morning [name of company]...good afternoon, [name of company]...can i get you a pen...sure, i'll throw that trash away for you..
But don't come in here bossing me around, talking about "get this person on the phone" or "see that this person gets this resume". I WORK for HR. I know people who know people. If you want to get your resume past me, you're gonna have to try harder than that. Kiss my ass a little more.
And no more incompetent morons handing me 7 page booklet resumes. This does NOT work. Who the hell told you to make a SEVEN PAGE resume, anyways??? That person should be fired. Unless you thought of it yourself, then you should never have the chance to work here. Anyone with a 7 page resume makes me think something is really wrong with you. What could you write about for 7 pages??? that would make me want to hire you. [of course i don't do the hiring, but I have before...and I've fired people before].
Maybe you had too many jobs. Don't list more than three jobs on your resume. Makes me think you're unstable.
Maybe you want to list all the courses you took in college. Don't. Everyone takes a business course. This is America. Everyone takes some sort of math class - or they should. I hate people who aren't good at math. It's very disappointing. And if it's lower than Calc II, then don't even mention it. And Business Algebra doesn't count. It's not given by the math dept.
Maybe you want to mention all the "skills" you have. Only list what is pertinant to the job at hand. Everyone has "computer skills". Five billion people have a yahoo account. A monkey can get a yahoo account. "Computer skills" does not sound impressive. Tell me what you can do. Tell me that you can "Create financial documents".

Whatever the reason behind handing in a seven page resume, don't.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home